Mod Request - green US armour

Ok, gautrek is doing the dust thing, but I like my armour clean.

Trouble with the US armour as I see it, is that the "highlights" are very faint - the tanks look very light. Any one working on darkening them up, maybe giving them more of a darker, greener colour? They look kinda washed out to me, but it may be because I changed my terrain over.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

"...but it may be because I changed my terrain over."

???????

I'm curious, you changed your terrain over to what exactly? Don't tell me you replaced the sand with CMBO grass or something! :confused: :eek:

You asked for it....don't start screaming.... ;)

aaugly.jpg

aaugly2.jpg

Apparently, Mikey Treeburst replaces his soldier bmps with plain white so he can see them better...I still keep the 3D bmps nice, hence the request for tank mods...but theyneed to stand out better on my brightly coloured battlefield...

:D

aaugly3.jpg

[ November 24, 2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by GJK:

Mike,

Looks like you have the full ASL interface ready for the demo. Since I have the vehicles that you sent, can I use the interface from CMBB to be complete or is there another part that I can download somewhere?

I am waiting for the Mod Depot to open its CMAK doors; I will release it in chunks - obviously the terrain is only for nutcases like Treeburst and myself (guess ya gotta be named Mike to understand) and of course I have to decrease the zip file sizes to something manageable. Most of the bmps from CMBB can be ported over, but there are 1 or 2 that are 1 pixel off...making them useless until modified. I've done that at this end but didn't keep track of which ones. They are mainly in the GO button and other buttons in the main interface at the bottom of the 3D view. I believe all the terrain is the same as CMBO as far as sizes go, and bmp numbers.

Actually, I hung with the ASL "brite lite" terrain for about a month. I was getting used to it and it's main advantage of being able to see terrain differences where it comes to woods, scattered trees and brush. Then I got to tinkering with it, to tone it down just a tad and by the time I was done tinkering, I wound up with the "normal" stock terrain all over again. Go figure.

Love that interface though!