Your Love is like Peng Challenging, and Peng Challenging is What I Need

dalem

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Sick, tired, world weary. There is a loathing that does not go out.

Longing for the Apocalypso...

Good!

Seeing's how you aren't doing anything, if the demo is released before 5PM EST, how about sending the demo to my e-mail addie at home!

That's a good fellow!! </font>

WAKE UP Olde One

You've got demos to download and e-mails to send!!!!!!

At work for a remote and utterly tedious office. No more than a 26k connection on a good day. Worthless work laptop that I will NOT use in any way that involves giving out my credit card.

No Demo for me until much, much later.

Increasingly esurient...

Ahhhh... You have no idea how good it feels to have downloaded the CMAK demo here at the office in under ten minutes and have already burned it to a disk. Just thinking that by 6PM tonight (EST) I will be loading it onto my computer at home and experiencing the joy of playing CMAK long before oh so many of you.

My esurience will finally be sated.

To all you guys whining about computers crashing and download times, I say "Hah!" and "Hah! Again!"

I had the opportunity to obtain the demo several days ago from unmentionable sources and turned it down cold.

And now, as I sit upon my throne and look down on your squirming bodies comically scrambling through the slime of our very own digital cesspool, I am moved to tears.

Mainly from the laughter, of course, and the onions I diced yesterday.

Pillocks.

Steve

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Suddenly the ennui of my existence is punctuated by a sudden thought:

Why isn't Jim Boggs in jail?

sinks back into slough of despond

Here, this will cheer you up.

According to the download site, my 56k dial-up modem will take:

5 Hours and 25 minutes

To download the CMAK Demo.

Before this night is through, jail is a distinct possibility!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Suddenly the ennui of my existence is punctuated by a sudden thought:

Why isn't Jim Boggs in jail?

sinks back into slough of despond

Here, this will cheer you up.

According to the download site, my 56k dial-up modem will take:

5 Hours and 25 minutes

To download the CMAK Demo.

Before this night is through, jail is a distinct possibility! </font>

Originally posted by Speedy:

I must say well done BTS on the timing, I just started 10 days off work this morning.

And given the ultra-modern equipment you Aussies use (are the farmers upset that you keep stealing their baling wire? And what's that I hear about a shortage of tin cans down there?), the download should be completed just before your scheduled return to work.

Serves you right, it does. Sins of the father and all that.

Steve

Seanachai, you are a whiney, scabby buttock. Not only did I have to chug throught he download in 10 minutes and finish the first AAR scenario in 2 hours when I should have been working, but I have SUNG FOR YOU.

I STARTED this incarnation of the MBT, not for me, not for them, but for you.

So SING you pissy doorstop, you!

Originally posted by dalem:

Seanachai, you are a whiney, scabby buttock. Not only did I have to chug throught he download in 10 minutes and finish the first AAR scenario in 2 hours when I should have been working, but I have SUNG FOR YOU.

I STARTED this incarnation of the MBT, not for me, not for them, but for you.

So SING you pissy doorstop, you!

Hell hath no fury like . . .

Steve

Originally posted by rune:

See, when I say I will throw a Rune scenario at you, I follow up. May it cause much gnashing of teeth and sleepless nights.

Frühlingsvind spoilers:

Well I just TCPd Frühlingsvind, as the Americans. My opponent was smart and didn't commit his reinforcements piecemeal. They all crested at the same time, and engaged my armor at long range.

Needless to say there was weeping and gnashing of teeth. But there were kodak moments. A halftrack rammed a gun position, got blown up by the gun at the last second, and ran driverless over the gun, causing the crew to flee. Halftrack crew squirms out of the wreck and uses their pistols on my gun crew. Next turn everyone opens up on the dastardly crew... and under cover of the distraction, Mr bazooka takes out a PzIII. YES! He KOs a panzer III and ESCAPES to tell the tale.

I have played the game, and Boo is still flipping burgers at his job. Bwa, ha ha.

The sounds were great, the graphics beautiful, the gameplay superb, the scenario, truly evil.

[ November 19, 2003, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

I just downloaded the demo in, what ... ten minutes? Gotta love that cable modem. But here's the deal, I got my 222 killed in almost no time at all ... I thought CMAK was going to be an improvement, hell I was getting that kind of result in CMBB all the time.

Furthermore I've noticed a noticable lack of interest in my quest for a suitable entourage. Only a couple of SSNs and we all know how desperate they are.

Evenfurhtermore I see NO response from MrSpkr to my suggestion for a reasonable date for an interview for the position of Third Assistant Flunky from the Right.

HELLO? MrSpkr ... YOU'RE MISSING YOUR BIG CHANCE!

Joe

p.s. I lost some infantry too, from what I can see this CMAK is no better than CMBB.

[ November 19, 2003, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Originally posted by CMplayer:

I have played the game, and Boo is still flipping burgers at his job. Bwa, ha ha.

No big deal -- you should see him at his night job.

Oh yeah -- Joe -- I have alerted the authorities as to your threat to return to this area (in violation of several court orders, IIRC). Secure in the knowledge that these paragons of justice will perform their duties to the best of their abilities, I am sure that meeting for dinner and a few beers (as well as laughs at dalem, Seanachai, et al.) can be arranged.

Did I mention I am getting my concealed carry permit soon? Just a thought, no particular reason for me to share it here . . .

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CMplayer:

No big deal -- you should see him at his night job.

Oh yeah -- Joe -- I have alerted the authorities as to your threat to return to this area (in violation of several court orders, IIRC). Secure in the knowledge that these paragons of justice will perform their duties to the best of their abilities, I am sure that meeting for dinner and a few beers (as well as laughs at dalem, Seanachai, et al.) can be arranged.

Did I mention I am getting my concealed carry permit soon? Just a thought, no particular reason for me to share it here . . .

Steve </font>