Why does the Flak not fire at the airplanes?

Hi guys, I am creating a scenario and have included a German Sd Kfz 7/2 Flak with a 37mm L/57 gun. There is also an enemy airplane in this scenario, but whenever the airplane attacks my troops my Flak vehicle is idling around in the landscape instead of shooting at the airplane. The airplane pilot is set to experienced and the Flak crew even one above.

So why doesn't it fire? Can only certain types of Flak attack enemy airplanes in the game? I am aware that a 88mm Flak won't be able to attack a small airplane, but a small 37mm? I even tried it with a Sd Kfz 7/1 which has four 20mm L/55 guns, but this won't attack the airplane too.

Can anyone help me?

The AA vehicles only fire when the airplaine is at least some safety distance away. And they always turn the gun back to where it was, maybe your vehicle doesn't fire because the gun is still turning?

CMBB before some of the newer patches also had outright bugs on top of it that prevented AA vehicles from doing AA work. Could be back.

Their line of sight was good. The problem is that sometimes the Flak vehicle targets the airplane and sometimes not, although it has a line of sight. When it targets the airplane then it usually shoots at it, but this only happens in less then 1/4 of all attacks.

Would it be better if I take a Flak without vehicle?

Ok I have replaced it with a stationary Flak and released my scenario at the Proving Grouns. It is called "Die Flut". Have fun while trying it smile.gif

After I replaced the Flak vehicle with a stationary Flak it worked every time.

p.s.: This is just the first version of the scenario and my first scenario ever, so I am willing to listen to any proposals to improve the scenario.

Congratulations on your first scenario!

Your flak problems surprise me because awhile ago I made a little flak test scenario and ran every flak vehicle I could find through its paces, and they all did fire on approaching aircraft (and it was fun to watch!).

One thing might be if the AA gun is too far off plane's flight path. A bigger gun (37mm, 40mm) just doesn't rotate fast enough to track a fast moving fighter that isn't overflying it.

I have only played one scenario with enemy CAS, and the flak has never done anything. Playing 'The Creek' both against the AI and a mate (well, I haven't really told him yet... :D ) I ensured that I positioned the flak vehicles in wide open spaces. Several times they have been reasonably close to the vehicle that has been destroyed. Yet even on the 2nd and 3rd passes nothing.

AGAIN,

AA vehicles in CMBB and CMAK do NOT fire at airplanes that are less than a certain distance away. Supposedly that is done that they don't give their position away when they are threatend (appears to be pretty useless as vehicle in CM seems to be spotted easily by airplanes anyway.

AGAIN, they don't fire at planes that are not some safety distance away.

To make things actually bad, they don't turn their guns towards planes too close either, so when the plane gets to a safe distance they try to fire but cannot since they cannot turn the gun fast enough for the remaining time.

AGAIN, this is for AA vehicles, not AA guns.

Don't the halftrack mounted German AA guns also have facing restrictions? If the truck is facing AT the airplane, the guns won't fire in that direction. Try turning the trucks around so that the airplanes attack from the other direction, that might do it.

-Hans