Difference between the CDV and other version?

being a noob I just wasnt sure what the difference's were between the two..? as far as I was aware the only differences were the references to the Nazi party... I got the CDV version.. does this mean I can't play against people with the other ? :(

If I'm not mistaken (and if I am it WILL be pointed out), you can download mods or a patch that will Nazi-fy the Waffengrenadiers etc. If you do a search through this thread, it has been a topic that has been talked about quite a bit. Good luck, try using some of the mods that the talented members of this forum have created for almost every aspect of the game (including anti-armor fishing). Throws a whole new look on your game.

Again:

The only CMAK 1.01 patch you get for the CDV version is the one from BFC. There is no CDV patch.

If you install the BFC patch all the problems with safedisk, Waffengrenadiere text and CDV download problems are gone. The only thing you need in addition (if you want it) is a few BMP files.

Also, if you want, check out Mark Gallear's Mod Corner & pick up his " Dirty Mark's Grog Scenario Bar " mod & Schoerner's German Unit Pics mod. These eliminate all traces of " The Dreaded WG " :eek: ( as far as I can tell ).Otherwise, like everyone else says, just get the 1.01 patch & you should be good to go. I got the CDV English version here in Canada ( it was in a game store near me - I don't know why, it just was ).

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

Are there any differences in manuals between the CDV and BF.C versions ? I don't care so much about the absence of swastikas and the like, but this time around I want a proper manual with my game !

Yes, but this time BFC have produced a paper quick guide, with the full manual in .pdf as CDV did with CMBB, CDV have gone even further this time I believe and just produced a quick reference card with the full manual in .pdf, so neither version has a full paper manual.

I can't really complain though, as I haven't read either the guide or the manual smile.gif .