playtesters wanted for Normandy setting CMAK new style ME

JasonC

As the headline says, I have a new style meeting engagement I am working on, CMAK used to do a fight in Normandy, that needs testing.

A new style ME means that instead of a race into an empty map, the meeting part refers to gradual arrival of forces. In this case, with some already on the map.

The fight depicted is a piece of the Caretan battle in June 1944. I'd describe it as only semi-historical.

I'm really looking for pairs of people to play it head to head, and "blind" (not having seen the other side of the hill). I've tested it myself vs. the AI, but it doesn't really get the situation.

I'll cross list this in the scenarios section if people think that is appropriate.

If interested, please email me at the address in my profile aka jasoncawley@rcn.net

Originally posted by JasonC:

If interested, please email me at the address in my profile aka jasoncawley@rcn.net

If your Royal Canadian Navy email truly isn't working, perhaps send it to me - I haven't played against Jon, Charlie or GJK in ages, perhaps I can rope one of them into it. madorosh@shaw.ca

have you posted this at the Proving Grounds site? That's kinda what that site is for. ;)

Stoffel and Andrew, your email addresses are not in your profiles. I think I have Andrew's - if you don't get it then I have an old address. Stoffel's I don't have.

Mike, in re Proving Grounds, just don't know the routine. I'm perfectly willing...

Three copies sent out just now. Feedback is obviously the point. Well that and having fun.

Thanks for the offer RH, but I don't think the AI really "groks" this one. I've tested it and it can allow me to see basic things about forces and pacing, but it really isn't up to commanding when the plan has to take into account things not clearly visible on the map. (Also this one has lots o little flags, which the AI finds disorienting).