Airborne US in late war

Originally posted by junk2drive:

There are uniform bmps, portrait bmps, but i'll be darned if I can make a battle with Airborne after 5/44. Is it a QB or Op only thing?

The airborne were to participate in the D-Day landings in Normandy in June 1944. Normandy is out of the CMAK theater...

They remained in western Europe till the end of the war, IIRC.

If you want Paras in a late war scenario import your units before March '44 then go back to Parameters and change the date to a later time.

The uniforms seem to be date-sensitive. All U.S. soldiers change over from the light khaki coat to green in May 44. Airborne can be spotted by thier matching trousers (infantry and Mountain units have darker Khaki trousers.)

The only way I can think to get Airborne into a late QB would be to import them in on a map (the good news is they'd import for free!).

Originally posted by Lord Dragon:

Yes! Because as people have pointed out, the US paras were withdrawn from Italy to participate in the Normandy Invasion. Read: No US paras in Italy after 5/44. CMAK only covers Africa, Italy and Crete. You can't use the Airborne after 5/44, not in this theater.

Don't you have emails to answer, Rudey-Poo? :D

Yes, you can use Airborne in this theatre after May 44, simply go to parameters as indicated and change the date, buy your paras, then go back to parameters and set the date for any period after 5/44 and voila...