New Foxhole/Crater *MOD* posted!

Juju

Great!! I like this mod a lot and I have to say you have a big imagination. I didnt know how could anyone to improve foxholes and craters aspect. The little stones and rubble surronding the impact is inspired. Congratulations.

P.D. I like your stone bridge too. I saw it by first time in your new free web today.

i made a small crater mod for CMBB (dont rightly remember if i released it or not) wich made the craters look a little different than were used to...

first off they were stretched slightly (ie. the rounds/explosions were not perfectly spherical... as you could expect from say a he-shell fired from a tank at a shallow angle) and had small rubble piles around them... not the standard spherical ones...

Originally posted by junk2drive:

While we're on the subject,

If you use MCMMM and like juju and ed's mods, go to cmhq. under 3rd party mods, terrain and buildings, get ed and juju asm winter mod. i unzipped it into its own folder, all the bits are in separate zips. they are great. pic n choose.

Hey, Glad you like the ole Abominable Snow Mod (I was always a sucker for catchy titles). I remember asking Ed for help on a single terrain feature and we ended up with a complete overhaul. smile.gif

I believe I also uploaded it in the BB section of CMmods. Come to think of it, that may have been before The Great Crash. I May need to upload it again.

yep im a mod addict. i have gone through every website and backdoor ftp i can find. like the catbox there's treasure out there. i try it all if it pleases me visually. make up pieces if i need to.

if youve ever done a close combat mod, this i a piece of cake!!!!!

I even dl'd proggys for extracting cc2 pac mod sound files to use in cm pac front. dl'd three proggys to find one to convert .au file to .wav for combat tv show theme song.

Thanks all!

Blazing 88's: They are as hi-res as the orignals, so they won't tax your system more. Reducing them in size will create a pink edge nightmare that will be hard to fix. I do, however, have an older lo-res foxhole mod. You can find it in the CM:BB section of CMmods.

MeatEtr: What list? ;) I just make it up as I go along. I have already unsuccesfully tried some other things but I usually dump the attempts and try again at a later point. Not sure what I'll do next.

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Damn, Oddball is pimping his own mods on Jujus mod thread. Thats bold. ;):D

Kool foxhole mod Juju, thanks.

Dare i ask, whats next on your list?

actually im not pimping... dont even know if i ever released it...

my main point (wich i obviously didnt get across) was to give some inspiration... id love for juju to make a foxhole mod like the one ive made... especially if i didnt release it since it doesnt exist anymore then...

besides... my foxhole mod was full of pinkspots... im crap at texture modding :(

"They are 256 x 256 res. can this be reduced anymore with out causing problems?"

Ooooh, craters don't scale easily. The problem is the art has been 'feathered' by scattering individual magenta knockout pixels throughtout the edge of the crater art. Not exactly friendly to reduction atempts -- unless Juju has a copy of the art lacking the knockout color that he can reduce and apply a new knockout edge to. Not a simple task.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

unless Juju has a copy of the art lacking the knockout color that he can reduce and apply a new knockout edge to. Not a simple task.

As a matter of fact I do have them on a separate layer without the pink, so if anyone's interested, let me know.