Can You Articulate Exactly WHY you Challenge Peng?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think you had a hard day huh? One of my colleagues was thrown into an jakarta jail overnight for a poxy reason (visa irregularity). And a jakarta jail makes the Peng thread look, well, uncesslike. They let us choose the least worst cell for him, and that had copious croda on the floor.

Much grovelling, string pulling and waiting around in kafkaesque offices later - managed to get the him deported today instead.

Sheesh, there were other foreigners in there without "pull" who have been there 2-3 months awaiting trial dates...

Anyway, apologies for late turns!

Originally posted by Wisbech_lad:

You think you had a hard day huh? One of my colleagues was thrown into an jakarta jail overnight for a poxy reason (visa irregularity). And a jakarta jail makes the Peng thread look, well, uncesslike. They let us choose the least worst cell for him, and that had copious croda on the floor.

Much grovelling, string pulling and waiting around in kafkaesque offices later - managed to get the him deported today instead.

Sheesh, there were other foreigners in there without "pull" who have been there 2-3 months awaiting trial dates...

Anyway, apologies for late turns!

So, what line of "work" are you involved in. A bit 'dodgy' if you ask me...

Noba.

Some updates:

Mace: boldly going where only myopia can take him...675MB of holiday snaps that I sent must have made him flip right off the planet - ESPECIALLY the little video clips of Bovington's Tiger...no turns for ages.

Serves him right - he's losing.

Nidagoodsmackaroundth'ears Is fighting (loosely termed that one) a defense with German Uber armour.

Elvis is cowering from the might of my brilliantly led troops in a byte battle. He's byted off more than he can chew, too.

Speedbump is facing up with his stuarts versus my ELITE PANTHER, and a common or garden gnome - sorry - Tiger.

Off-line Boggs is engaged with playing with/by/himself... not much moving on his side.

Lurker..tough to call, this one. It's been so long, we may well have seen the last of each other over our 'lectronic battlefield. Can't even remember what the fightin' was over, now.

All in all, a satisfactory set of results, so far.

Noba.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

"Upon seeing the old woman on the broomstick, many of Seanachai's troops began to have misgivings..."

So this is what you were yammering about?

This is the result of your need for silence?

This...it doesn't even rhyme, it has no rhythm, and it makes no sense.

Sheesh!

Look Boo, just because you finally figured out how to use the Velcro flaps on your thongs, doesn't immediately qualify you for genius status. Well maybe in Ohio, but the standards on this Thread are a LOT higher, (well excluding the Aussies, the Manysodans, the Texans, etc.)

Try again lad, this time actually take the full two months that Lars so graciously offered. Sure we'll miss ya *Snicker*, but it will be time well spent.

Oh and here's a tip. Don't post a screenie next time, it just takes up server space, and contributed nothing to your attempted versification.

Good Luck and we''ll see you back here in November!

skywrite.jpg

Does anybody else get a mental image of Boo, face screwed up in concentration and tongue sticking out of the corner of his mouth, staying up all night pushing a crayon around to do this?

Bet She Who Must Be Obeyed had to put it on the frig for him too.

I realize that when it comes to a highly refined sense of humor, I must forever stand in the shadow of my esteemed collegues from Minnesota and Florida. Two states who have, through trial and error, honed their collective sense of humor down to a razor's edge.

Florida, the state that gave us the always effervescent Jim Boggs has likewise given us Jeb Bush, the Florida voting Ethics Comittee, a state median age of 80 (Did you know that the State song of Florida is "Suwannee River" aka "Old Folks at Home"?) and a state motto that truly reflects the interests of the entire state: "Ask Us About Our Grandkids"?

All too true.

And let me not forget Minnesota. A state that gave us Lars and his rental empire, the dulcet-toned voice of Bob Dylan, Jesse Ventura as a Governor (Which on a scale of "What the hell were we thinking", still beats out Ah-nold), Ole and Lena jokes and still has the arrogance to look down on Iowans.

You're both right.

I just don't know humor.

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

I just don't know humor.

You also clearly cannot read a calendar. If you'll notice it's nowhere near November.

Now quit feeling sorry for yourself and get back to work. </font>

Which reminds me, what do you call a Floridian with half a brain?

Twice as smart as an Ohioan.

Yeah I know Lars said Two Years, but I was actually feeling sorry for you.

Besides Kitty thinks you actually contribute on occaision, and the wishes of The Ladies of the Pool cannot be dispensed with so casually as one can dismiss your contributions.

Actually the thought that you can manipulate the map editor does give me cause for concern. Tactically you remain the same incompetant, clueless, and deranged leader of troops that you have always been, but with the ability to hack the engine, you may actually post a 15-20% score.

I cannot believe that you would think that nobody would notice this dramatic improvement.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

And I love it when you ironically misspell incompetent.

I think to myself, "That boy sure knows how to pee on his toes."

AND occasion, must be bad Red Cross ice. </font>

Besides, I should have remembered that Boo would have seen the word "incompetent" in his daily life much more than I.

I only see it on very rare OCCAISIONS.

But you hear it all too frequently, don't you, Jimmy? Whispered behind peoples hands at the office while they steal furtive glances in your direction.

Murmured il sotto voce by friends, relatives and family members, more often than not, followed by giggling.

It hurts, doesn't it, Jim?

Or, I should say, it would probably hurt if you weren't such a flaming nit wit, stumbling through life with an oblivious, vapid grin on that testament to inbreeding face of yours, your fly down and your clip-on tie hanging from your bowling league Perfect Attendance!" tie tack.

You could never be a village idiot as you're over qualified.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Besides, I should have remembered that Boo would have seen the word "incompetent" in his daily life much more than I.

I only see it on very rare OCCAISIONS.

But you hear it all too frequently, don't you, Jimmy? Whispered behind peoples hands at the office while they steal furtive glances in your direction.

Murmured il sotto voce by friends, relatives and family members, more often than not, followed by giggling.

It hurts, doesn't it, Jim?

Or, I should say, it would probably hurt if you weren't such a flaming nit wit, stumbling through life with an oblivious, vapid grin on that testament to inbreeding face of yours, your fly down and your clip-on tie hanging from your bowling league Perfect Attendance!" tie tack.

You could never be a village idiot as you're over qualified. </font>

You know, I've been doing some thinking *OUCH!*(damn headache), and I feel badly now for being critical of Nidan1's spelling and social skills. After all the poor lad did suffer the indignity of Boo's training (and it clearly shows). Can I really blame him after what he went through?

Of course, but that's not my point.

My point is that I am saddened.

Saddened that the two people that are responsible for my Knighthood are no longer with us.

Sir lenakonrad, the bravest of the Poles and favorite of the Ladies of the Pool no longer posts here.

AussieJeff, the one who jobbed Joe Shaw and could spin a tall tale as if it were the truth, no longer posts here.

Why, I ask you, is that? What possible event could be so horrible or embarassing that they are unwilling to show their faces in The Pool anymore?

It's a true mystery for the ages.

Results of on-line dictionary search:

No entry found for occaision.

Did you mean occasion?

Suggestions:

occasion

occision

occursion

occasions

occasioner

occlusion

Jimmy I'm really at a loss now....perhaps you took too many English lessons from lenakonrad?????

I am saddened.

Saddened that the two people that are responsible for my Knighthood are no longer with us.

Why, I ask you, is that? What possible event could be so horrible or embarassing that they are unwilling to show their faces in The Pool anymore?

Well...you're still here for starters...

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Results of on-line dictionary search:

No entry found for occaision.

Did you mean occasion?

Suggestions:

occasion

occision

occursion

occasions

occasioner

occlusion

Jimmy I'm really at a loss now....perhaps you took too many English lessons from lenakonrad?????

Must... boil... water... before... drinking.

And that Focker guy told me it was the best spellchecker he ever used.

Who can you trust?

ladies and gentlemen of the pool, and you too Boo,

I hearby submit Nidan1 for a formal title.

hencewith, let Sir Nidan1 be know as:

Sir Nidan1

Grand Inquistor, Spell Checker, and Grammar Grog of the Mutha Beautiful Thread

What say ye?

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

Sir Nidan1

What say ye?

Rune

I vote yay, love titles, if Boo can have one why cant I? Of course that noodnick Shaw will have the last word, that kill joy.

I also submit that we make Boo 'Conjunction junction' Radley, Sir Nidan1's faithful sidekick, as Boo is already a faithful sidekick to Joebob Shaw, and the only thing worse I can think of worse then that is to be the faithful sidekick of someone from New York.

Almost as bad as living in Ohio,

Rune

Sir Nidan1

What say ye?

Rune

Heer Heer.

Yu no I'm in favore.

I vot yeach!

Sir Nidan1

What say ye?

Rune

Will he be integrated in my Words® then?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

Sir Nidan1

What say ye?

Rune

Heer Heer.

Yu no I'm in favore.

I vot yeach! </font>