CMX2 Probable Recomended Specs

There was mention by Steve G. of the requirements.

A search for them just now was unsuccessful, but, he did say CMx2 would not be that demanding.Something along the lines of a decent P4 CPU and a good mainstream vid card.

My guess, P4 3 gig and a 6000 series Nvdia card(or equivalent ATI) will be more than enough.

KC

Steve wrote

"We are also mindful of hardware demands. Current systems should be able to handle it OK. Stuff from before might have problems. Anything as old as my creaky G4 400GH or a 1GH Pentium will likely be in trouble. The good news is that with Game #2 following Game #1 so quickly one system upgrade should be good for at least 2 games, if not 3, since the core game technology won't be changing within that timeframe."

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

I'm thinking my GF4 4200 with 128 MB RAM may not do too well. I'm preparing my wife for the vid card upgrade. :D

Treeburst155 out.

Hmmmm...I'm running A GF4 Ti4600 with 128MB RAM. The video card isn't all that bad. My concern is the processor. Because of a recent system disaster, I'm now running an AMD XP 3200+. I wonder if that will be enough. If it isn't, I have nowhere to go except to Intel P4's and a new motherboard, RAM. Ahhhhhh! Much cash will be required.

Hmmmm...I'm running A GF4 Ti4600 with 128MB RAM. The video card isn't all that bad. My concern is the processor. Because of a recent system disaster, I'm now running an AMD XP 3200+. I wonder if that will be enough. If it isn't, I have nowhere to go except to Intel P4's and a new motherboard, RAM. Ahhhhhh! Much cash will be required. [/QB]
I refuse to believe that the next gen CM will need more than a Athlon 3200, even the latest generation FPS's didn't go beyond that. Though you may miss some of the graphics effects if they're going to go with the latest DX9 or Open GL, having just bitten the bullet on a Radeon 9800XT from a GF4, there are some fairly impressive graphics effects (in later games) that DX8 cards like the GF4's won't display.

It's probably fair to say that at the moment, Processor and Graphics processors are getting ahead of themselves, the new graphics cards are largely faster incarnations of existing technology (ie all DX9) and processors are getting faster and faster for no real reason as yet, beyond 3 Ghz when no software I've seen requires beyond 2 yet. Why the PC world can't take a leaf out of the console book and wring every drop out of existing technology rather than keep inventing newer kit is beyond me.