Unconfirmed bug - dynamic flags (again)

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

- just designing a scenario with dynamic flags to be selected automatically; but after several run throughs, it seems like the computer picks the exact same flag (of a choice of 4) every time.

Can anyone else confirm this? If so, I'll add it to the bug thread.

I notice this in CMBB as well. Haven't tried CMAK yet.

Ken

I am working on a scen using dynamic flags chosen automatically. In playing the scen during the design phase I noticed The same flag was chosen. Perhaps 3 times. I just finished a complete play through and checked the map....It chose the other flag! I'd say just the odds in your scen. Dynamic flags chosen automatically seem to work fine for me

I have just about given up on Dynamic Flags working properly when a map (created in the Scenario Editor) is imported into a QB (at least in CMBB, anyway).

I don't seem to be able to select them in a QB and they don't seem to be random when chosen automatically by the computer.

This has been a big disappointment as far as replayability on the same map. The only way I can see around this problem is for a third party to purchase the forces each player wants in the Scenario Editor (thus creating a scenario as a QB) and then sending the file back and forth for the Defender to set-up first. Then the third party would have to place the attacker's units in the appropriate set-up zone in some reasonable attack formation. Extra turns would have to be allowed for the attacker to move units where he would personally want them.

There must be an easier way around this and still keep the Dynamic Flag in a QB.

Maybe someone else has an idea?

Thanks,

Ken

I didn't think the automatic dynamic flags was even supposed to be random. I thought it was the designer who decides where the real flag is, even though it's not graphically visible in the editor.

Have you btw. noticed that you can have dynamic flags in meeting engagements too? That's even odder. Both sides can see which is real and which are bogus, but neither can change the active flag. :D

Sergei,

The editor on 'dynamic flags' has a second option that says 'dynamic' or 'chosen by attacker', dynamic' is random.

Dynamic flags in a quick battle meeting engagement is great! It enables two players to play the same map many times (having in the case of the editor 4) different victory flags.

Of course the 'dynamic flags' in a great quick battle meeting engagement, if the map is well designed is great when some of what you bought is not 100% suited to where the flags falls on that day.