Super Pershing vs Konig Tiger (Royal tiger)!

According to Steve Zaloga's article 'Super Pershing' in Military Modelling (Vol 35, No 4, page 18) there are three documented engagements.

The first on 4 Apr 1945 where the AFV engaged and destroyed either a Panther or Tiger during battles along the Weser river.

The second occured during the liberation of a concentration camp at Nordhausen around 10 Apr 1945 where the AFV engaged a panzer (type not identified).

The third on 21 Apr at Dessau when the tank engaged a Tiger in close combat.

Of course, the article also suggests 'This could be nearly any type of German tank, as US tank crews regularly called nearly any German tank a Tiger'.

So I guess it's not 100% certain that an engagement occured between King Tiger and Super Pershing, and it still seems to be the topic of discussion amongst AFV historians.

Originally posted by michael_wittman44:

It would actually be good to know how many super pershings were deployed apart from the two that were described in the article at the top of the post.

According to Belton Y. Cooper in his book "Death Traps" there were only two Super Pershings deployed and they hardly saw any action. If I recall correctly.

Originally posted by Crinius:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by michael_wittman44:

It would actually be good to know how many super pershings were deployed apart from the two that were described in the article at the top of the post.

According to Belton Y. Cooper in his book "Death Traps" there were only two Super Pershings deployed and they hardly saw any action. If I recall correctly. </font>