Come on baby light my FIRE!!!

Hello one and all...

us troops dug in in woods...

sdkfz250/1 drives past ...

burst of gun fire from the us troops and a couple of well placed rifle grenades and we have a burning wreck...

now the wreck stops a couple of meters short of the woods but with in a turn the woods catch light no other exchange of shots to start the blaze so my troops have to depart rapid... only to have the pants shot of them by a MKIV... would this have been from the 250/1 ????? the fire that is.. i have seen shot or art set fires etc but never a burning truck/tank etc

your comments please

Happy hunting

I've played a scenario where a Stuart (or Sherman, I can't recall exactly) was hit by an 88 while the former was stopped hard up by a small house. The tank exploded spectacularly, and the structure caught on fire the next turn. No crew members survived, so I know they didn't duck into the house and subsequently get shot at. Weather conditions were hot, dry, and windy, too.

Originally posted by Panther Commander:

Your troops didn't have to leave. The fire won't hurt them if they were in the area before it caught fire. If it catches fire and you are outside the area you can't move into it. Fire is a strange animal in CM.

Panther Commander

Thats weird. Is that a bug? I know trops abandon buildings about to collapse, so I assumed it would be the same.

Originally posted by Panther Commander:

Your troops didn't have to leave. The fire won't hurt them if they were in the area before it caught fire. If it catches fire and you are outside the area you can't move into it. Fire is a strange animal in CM.

Panther Commander

Thats not entirely true. You troops can stay in the area of the fire only for awhile. Ive seen several times when troops of mine are in an area which catches fire only to be auto-moved(AI) several turns later when the fire gets too fierce. I think troops can move into a area with fire as long as the fire isn't too intense. It all depends how bad the fire is, that goes for houses too. As for how quick or slow a fire can brew up, i just had a HT burning in a wheatfield for over 10 turns until the wheatfield finally caught fire. Just more randomness that makes the CM battlefield fun. ;)

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panther Commander:

Panther Commander

Thats not entirely true. You troops can stay in the area of the fire only for awhile. Ive seen several times when troops of mine are in an area which catches fire only to be auto-moved(AI) several turns later when the fire gets too fierce. I think troops can move into a area with fire as long as the fire isn't too intense. It all depends how bad the fire is, that goes for houses too. As for how quick or slow a fire can brew up, i just had a HT burning in a wheatfield for over 10 turns until the wheatfield finally caught fire. Just more randomness that makes the CM battlefield fun. ;) </font>

There are two stages of fire in the game, one stage is how it usually starts and it can last that way for the entire game. Sometimes it becomes much larger. You can tell the difference by the smoke coming from the square. The former is much smaller than the latter. The climate conditions and a bit of randomness probably determine if it will go from stage one to two. The second type will not allow units to occupy the terrain.