*Top Secret Mod-in-Progress Spy Photo!* (updated)

ATF

I've been making copies of White layers & putting them underneath as ColorDodge layers. 1to1 up to 2to1 (W to CD) for smaller hilights. It lets you get more Contrast without things getting 'Glarey'. It's really worth fooling around with if you haven't already.

strt

Originally posted by mchlstrt:

ATF

I've been making copies of White layers & putting them underneath as ColorDodge layers. 1to1 up to 2to1 (W to CD) for smaller hilights. It lets you get more Contrast without things getting 'Glarey'. It's really worth fooling around with if you haven't already.

strt

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that out when I get a chance. I'm always up for learning new tricks. smile.gif

I usually use levels adjustment layers for highlights where I can paint them in convincingly, or I just use Photoshop's bevel and emboss layer effects, which can really come off as "glarey" if you don't get the highlight and shadow settings just right.

• 2 weeks later...

I've completed all the basic redrawn textures. I now have to make adjustments so everything fits right and add the remaining details and stuff. It's about 85% done. I'll probably release an unmarked, unweathered factory-fresh version first for other modders to play with. smile.gif

If I had the choice between a beautiful woman and this Tiger, I´d take the tank and forget forever there re women on this planet at all... by the way: are you planning on redrawing the Panther, too? (I know, maybe I should open a new thread - just tell me) I´ve done a lot of research reagrding the Panther and the base details are quite wrong - especially for the G variants...