Biltong's Campaign Rules

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dr. Rosenrosen:

Perhaps I missed it in the written rules, but how do players get promoted in ranking? Is this something that only applies to Biltaid users? Silly me, I've been doing everything by hand.

Dr. Rosenrosen

See Note 8 - Player Experience

"If you win more than 6 battles in a row – increase your Player Experience by one notch. But, beware of the Winter!!"

From the front :

Horten led his men wearily back to the staging area with defeat on there minds. The Hungarians had faltered. The Hungarian commander who was ambitious for a frontal assault by his men was now most likely on report. Horten believed it possibly wasn't all the commanders fault. The inferior weapons of the Hungarian army were no match for Russian war machine.

With his flank crumbling, Horten was forced to pull his men back. Especially when they hit a minefield the size of a small village. Luckily casulties were light for his men. The loss of a Panzer IIIJ, being the only major casulty. Never again would Horten allow his men to be a lacky in a foolish assault against the dug in enemy. And never again with the Hungarians.

+++++

As you can imagine it wasn't a nice battle. :D

Fought "Workers' Paradise", night Kiev battle.

What a carnage: knife-battle in a telephone booth style of fighting.

Lost 34 men, 177 casualties, 6 vehicles, my Pz II, my Pz III and managed to get a Tactical Victory thanks to battle ending. 5 more minutes and I was doomed.

Units's plan was to early engage the enemy, causing massive injuries and then retire to major target positions.

Waited too long, could not retire. Fought in place till very end. Lots of new men in my units now, lots of green squads again. :mad:

It is going to be a hell of AAR. Still have to scratch dried blood off my uniform and stop shivering. My hands still shake.

Fought against +75% Soviets. caused 800+ casualties and ~300 deads. Ivan men OK 500+!!!!

[ March 30, 2003, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: Seahawk-vfa201 ]

Originally posted by Biltong:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dr. Rosenrosen:

Perhaps I missed it in the written rules, but how do players get promoted in ranking? Is this something that only applies to Biltaid users? Silly me, I've been doing everything by hand.

Dr. Rosenrosen

See Note 8 - Player Experience

"If you win more than 6 battles in a row – increase your Player Experience by one notch. But, beware of the Winter!!" </font>

Originally posted by Seahawk-vfa201:

...Indeed this is one point I have to consider. I shall not get into winter with Green units at all or I'll face a long series of losses I am afraid.

:D

All the above is good news. The greatest threat to BCR's survival, is boredom. For a player to go right through to 45, he must never become bored. He must feel tension & fear all the way. Be kept on his toes ;)

To cater for both weak and strong players and to get the percentage right was pure gutfeel. I was aiming for +_ 15% Conscript; 20% Green; 40% Regular; 20% Veteran; 2% Elite...

From the feedback I'm getting it looks like the percentages are close. Just not hearing much from Veteran players.

Any out there?

[ March 30, 2003, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: Biltong ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seahawk-vfa201:

...Indeed this is one point I have to consider. I shall not get into winter with Green units at all or I'll face a long series of losses I am afraid.

All the above is good news. The greatest threat to BCR's survival, is boredom. For a player to go right through to 45, he must never become bored. He must feel tension & fear all the way. Be kept on his toes ;)

[...] </font>

...Tell you what: last two Kiev battle I barely managed to avoid a defeat and I took too many casualties. Back to cautious approaches from now on!

:rolleyes:

Hi S smile.gif

How do you find the Kiev battles? Any suggestions/problems with the maps/extra force compositions etc? Carefull not to give the game away - mail me if necessary ;)

Bottom line - is it worth the effort to create special battle packs?

...Tell you what: last two Kiev battle I barely managed to avoid a defeat and I took too many casualties. Back to cautious approaches from now on!

:rolleyes:

Hi S smile.gif

How do you find the Kiev battles? Any suggestions/problems with the maps/extra force compositions etc? Carefull not to give the game away - mail me if necessary ;)

Bottom line - is it worth the effort to create special battle packs? </font>

One suggestion: as these battle packs might involve additional strain to BCR players bonuses for those who decide to fight them - and successfully I must add - would be welcomed as recognition from Berlin for the great contribution to MotherLand war effort.

Thanx & Good Idea - great minds - just wait for the last battle :D

[ March 30, 2003, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: Biltong ]

Originally posted by Laffertytig:

id luv to give this a try but it looks like i need excell to read and use it. is there another way around this and if theres not can someone give me a link where i can download excell please

There's also supposed to be an Excel 'Reader' available for free from the Microsoft site.

In fact, if you find it, won't you publish the link here - your question comes up every now and then.

Biltong

One suggestion: as these battle packs might involve additional strain to BCR players bonuses for those who decide to fight them - and successfully I must add - would be welcomed as recognition from Berlin for the great contribution to MotherLand war effort.

Thanx & Good Idea - great minds - just wait for the last battle :D </font>

Holy Cow: just seen the Urban Chaos of Kiev pack.

You guys are perverted!!!!!!! :D

Prophetic, isn't it - now you know why the Brits have been hanging about outside Basra ;)

As you might have noticed: the maps link with each other - you are actualy fighting on one L.o.n.g map - so you can see what's waiting on the horison ;)

Good luck!!

Originally posted by Laffertytig:

id really like to get into this but it seems so complex. i dont have a printer so id have to get it printed elsewhere. how many sheets do you need for each battle? if it was only the one sheet you had to update id write it out.

is this the case?

Best to get it printed I think - writing them out will take longer - there are 3 sheets that you'll need for every battle: Parameters; Battle Group & Favor. Once you have them printed, you can go and make photocopies somewhere.

It looks quite daunting the first time, but once you have rolled up your first battle, it will all fall into place. Use the Player Guide!!

Enjoy

I really love having the custom maps to play on. It definately gives the player a harder fight vs. the AI.

A good site for those map makers out there who might not have seen this:

http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/EART/soviet_maps.html

This site is a perfect match for BCR and a map utility such as Mapping Mission. I may do a few in the future, whenever I can figure out the nuances of Mapping Mission.