Rumor -- 1.03 next week?

I'll admit that there is no substantive evidence whatsoever to suggest that this rumor may be true. Nevertheless, the rumor does exist. And you know what they say -- where there's smoke, there's fire. ;)

[ April 05, 2003, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: cbb ]

How dare you ask this question? Don't give us anything about the freedom of speech or any such gobbly gook. ;)

Don't you realize that you have delayed CMAK -just by asking this? ;)

Now we know who to blame. -You brave soul -you. smile.gif

Still, I have to admit that I automatically found myself wondering about 1.03 as soon as I saw the announcement.

Originally posted by Le Tondu:

How dare you ask this question? Don't give us anything about the freedom of speech or any such gobbly gook. ;)

Don't you realize that you have delayed CMAK -just by asking this? ;)

Now we know who to blame. -You brave soul -you. smile.gif

Still, I have to admit that I automatically found myself wondering about 1.03 as soon as I saw the announcement.

The last two scenarios I've played have been rather "skewed" by the HE-LOS bug. I'm anxious for this one to be squashed.

CBB

Originally posted by cbb:

The last two scenarios I've played have been rather "skewed" by the HE-LOS bug. I'm anxious for this one to be squashed.

CBB

I'm with you. I believe that I have seen elsewhere that it has been taken care of. Its just a matter of time. smile.gif

Originally posted by Larsen:

I had to revert to 1.01 because of the bug with HE fire. It is basically impossible to hit a soft target that occupies a high ground with direct HE fire in 1.02.

I'm anxiously waiting for the 1.03 patch.

How do I "revert" to 1.01? Is it simply a single .exe file that I need to copy over? Or are there other files? Or do I have to reinstall 1.0 and the upgrade to 1.01?

I had a 1.0 executable. When I patched CMBB I made a copy of 1.o first and saved it. All I had to do is to copy the 1.02 exe somewhere and copy the 1.0 .exe back and patch it with 1.01 version. I think if you don't have 1.0 executable you will need to reinstall the game. But in my opinion it is really worth it to return to 1.01 (because of this gun bug).

Originally posted by Larsen:

I had a 1.0 executable. When I patched CMBB I made a copy of 1.o first and saved it. All I had to do is to copy the 1.02 exe somewhere and copy the 1.0 .exe back and patch it with 1.01 version. I think if you don't have 1.0 executable you will need to reinstall the game. But in my opinion it is really worth it to return to 1.01 (because of this gun bug).

Thanks for the info.

CBB

Originally posted by cbb:

I'll admit that there is no substantive evidence whatsoever to suggest that this rumor may be true. Nevertheless, the rumor does exist. And you know what they say -- where there's smoke, there's fire. ;)

OK so be honest............

did you just start this rumour now just to give all false hopes? :confused: :(

I am not now in ANY PBEM games pending the release of v1.03 :eek:

so is it next week?

the week after?

next month?

Last I heard officially, it was in fact undergoing Beta Testing is that correct?

-tom w

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

According to the "chatter" I've heard, Monday will follow Sunday, but I don't want to spread any rumors.

Another good example of "where there's smoke, there's fire."