*FROM-SCRATCH* M4A2 Sherman 75mm mod!!!!

A new totally from-scratch mod at our favorite site:

http://www.cmmods.com/

Lend-Lease 75mm Sherman M4A2 (56 degree hull front).

Yes, you read it right. I've turned the game's late production 47 degree hull front Sherman into an early production 56 degree type. Check it out.

This from-scratch redo includes a proper rear engine deck and accurate mid-production Sherman turret. Alternate files include markings for both Russian and Polish vehicles.

Another really nice mod Mikey. I was wondering though, because the data is hard-coded doesn’t it mean that whilst the graphic will be of an early production M4A2 the tank will behave as a late-production. Or are all armour thicknesses etc the same so it’ll make no difference? What about the 9 degree change to the angle of the front hull? The penetration calculations will still assume a 47 degree angle. Or am I assuming a greater sophistication on the part of the calculations than actually exists?

The 75mm gun M4A2 Sherman in the game has specs for an early 56 degree hull, the polygon only is the (incorrect) late hull. I did-up my 75mm gun Sherman mod so it would visibly match the specs that are in the game.

The 76mm gun Sherman, on the other hand, does have 47 degree hull specs so that vehicle's polygon is correct.

Originally posted by tracer:

Great job, and I know that it's a b***h to convert mods from CMBO to CMBB due to the game engine, but could this mod be converted to CMBO?? It would look great for the polish forces.

Tracer,

The markings would be wrong. "Free" versus Communist.

Gordon

The baseline mod is plain with the various slogans as alts.

It could probably be converted with a little effort (CMBO uses fewer textures per vehicle). Unfortunately I'm on an old mac. I literally don't have enough hard drive space for both CMBO and CMBB and had to delete one. If you want the mod altered for CMBO another kind soul will have to do it for you (with my full permission).

Originally posted by tracer:

thanks gordon, point well taken, but what if you removed the marking, could it possibly be converted??

Tracer,

Not to detract from MikeyD's excellent mod, have you looked at Marco's original Sherman mods for CMBO? Quite nice with many options, and already CMMOS compatible. smile.gif

Gordon