MikeyD Panther G W.I.P.

I have a survey for y'all.

I'm in the middle of attempting to delete the cooling pipes on the left side exhaust to make a more accurate G model. BUT I might not be able to entirely delete the last few inches at the top due to 'shared' art. If a choice had to be made which would YOU prefer? 1: An accurate G model exhaust with a couple annoying undeletable bits hovering above it at the top, OR 2: a less accurate but more esthetically pleasing A-style exhaust retaining twin cooling pipes? ...Or, I suppose, a separate 'Alt_DeletedPipes' folder so you have a choice?

I do get the feeling BFC relied heavily on the old - and outdated - Squadron "Panther in Action" reference picture book. Everything from the cast cupola'd D model to the G with triple exhaust stacks are in that book. If it weren't for the later Jentz books I'd be all confused by the danged Panthers myself!

Another WIP. Artwork done, starting the long processing of colorizing.

You don't know what an armor tutorial these mods have been for me. All weekend long I was making noises like "Wow, so THAT's what Panther G tool stowage looks like!" Don't think I start these things knowing ahead of time how they're supposed to look. And yes, this one's going to include an alt. no spare track turret side.

PanthGWIP2.jpg?t=1171292665

After bumping into so many pictures of Zim'd-up early production Gs with normal dished wheels I may be compelled to offer TWO early G mods. This non-Zimmerit factory camou steel wheel G, and then an earlier yellow basecoat Zim'd G off the same BMP numbers. But I won't even think of starting that alt. version until the last LATE G is done & gone.