CMBB! DVD-box!?!?!

At my store CMBB comes in one of these "practical, cool" DVD-boxes, wish I don´t like BTW....

However; in almost every PC-game I´ve ever bought in a DVD-box I´ve gotten a manual on an extra CD, or (worse of all) no manual at all! :mad:

Now: I guess many of you have got the game, (if I´m not the only one without it! :rolleyes: ) so at least one of you must have bought the game in such DVD-box. And my question is:

Do I get any manual if I buy the game in such a box? Cuz, actually: I love reading manuals! tongue.gif

Thanks!

[ December 09, 2003, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Oldblood ]

Are you American, Euro, or other? I guess Germany has some tight CD packaging laws which is why the original Euro release CDV manual was mostly in PDF format.

But if you're talking "Box" then you must be talking "Special Edition", which means you're talking "full manual"...I believe ;)

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Are you American, Euro, or other? I guess Germany has some tight CD packaging laws which is why the original Euro release CDV manual was mostly in PDF format.

Nonsense, I was in Hamburg/Germany last month and half of the games shelfes were still filled with games in full-sizes boxes. Note that this makes for much less than half the games for obvious reasons, but CDV's excuse that nobody can sell normal size boxes anymore is nothing more than a lie. Maybe you can sell more, but they claimed "impossible" which can be verified with a single look.

I wouldn't mind if games came in smaller boxes. I always felt that at least half the volume of conventional boxes was wasted anyway. Hearts of Iron, which I recently got, comes in a smaller box, one just big enough to hold the DVD box and a pretty good-sized manual. Unfortunately, they failed to take advantage of the extra space to include a really hefty manual, but it can be done.

Michael

Originally posted by redwolf:

Nonsense, I was in Hamburg/Germany last month and half of the games shelfes were still filled with games in full-sizes boxes. Note that this makes for much less than half the games for obvious reasons, but CDV's excuse that nobody can sell normal size boxes anymore is nothing more than a lie. Maybe you can sell more, but they claimed "impossible" which can be verified with a single look.

Well in the UK the full size box is a thing of the past, you only see them in second-hand stores these days. Retailers prefer the DVD size because they save shelf space and games companies are so desperate to get their games on the shelf that they comply. I guess the switch is permanant and for most games, not a bad thing, I always threw the old boxes away to save space, but I tend to keep the newer ones.

Of course if you order direct from BFC you get neither smile.gif .

[ December 02, 2003, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Firefly ]

Originally posted by Firefly:

Well in the UK the full size box is a thing of the past, you only see them in second-hand stores these days.

That´s a chame! :( I really liked the old bloxes, anyway... And then the CD cases fitted into the CD holders, wich they do not with DVD-boxes.... And in the old big boxes you could get old, lovley, enormus MANUALS! :D