About to recieve CMBB, and I'm shaking in euphoria!

Here are two threads that include ingame pictures and even a few simple tactical primers to get you started with. No Ampulomets here though.

Covered arcs: http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=007716#000011

Scouting: http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=007636#000016

Welcome, duder.

Last I recall, the Ampulomet just looks like another mortar. There used to be a mod or two of it around. If you're really desperate to see it, you might hunt them down and give them a look.

Lastly, I gather you've been playing the demo a lot? That's good because the game has a lot to learn, as you may have surmised from all the cries for help that turn up on the Board. But if you've been playing the demo, you should already be well grounded in the basic mechanics, which gets you 90% of the way there. Learning the 10,001 other things is mostly the fun of it anyway.

smile.gif

Michael

Hmmm... never heard the phrase "shaking in euphoria" before. Is that close to trembling with joy? Quaking with anticipation? Shuddering with... er... happiness?

The Rush towards Moscow at the start of the campaign... the rush to Berlin at the end. You'll probably feel a bit lost by spring of 43, deep in the Russian heartland two years into the war with two years yet to go. CMBB's a BIG game!

Try out the SturmTiger! and check out the million cool art mods a www.cmmods.com (CMMODS.com without the www in front will take you to a BMW car club.)

:D

And to Monty, some of those screenshots really REALLY work! Good job. Gives you an xcellent 'you-are-there' feeling. Almost makes me want to convert all the CM art to sepia-tone greys to turn it into an old BW movie!

[ August 11, 2003, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]