Hull Down is relative

Yup. Works for me. Though I hardly ever use it.

I like to plot my HULLDOWN positions by sight. Not by tool.

But yes, just pick the reference point on the enemy's terrain that you want to be HULLDOWN in relation to, and plop that SEEK HULLDOWN waypoint right there.

Hope that works for yah.

Gpig

It's kinda hard to say what will be 'tweaked' in the rewrite because, from what they've hinted at, the rewrite will be a TOTAL AND COMPLETE overhaul. Half of our game engine/interface concerns may simply not apply to CMX2.

Me, I'm hoping for a Matrix-style cranial interface for true 3-D virtual reality. Only problem will be, when your character dies in CM you die in real life. That's sure to spice up the tournament ladder!

Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Schoerner:

Will there be in CMX2 the possibility to determine the reference point?

In the current engine the search for Hull-Down order is almost useless.

I was under the impression that in the current engine Seek Hull Down works precisely by determining a reference point. Give it a try... </font>

And here's another reason why I visit this forum you learn something new everytime. :D No wonder the hull down button hasn't worked for me I thought you could just set the waypoint way off and the tank would move forward until it found it's first hull down position.