Which to buy?

Ok here is my problem. I have just enough money to buy 1 game. So my question is which one do you all think I should buy. I have CMBO, so I am torn between CMBB and CMAK.

Played the demos for both and I love them. Neither will run any better or worse on my system and I am not any more "into" the war in Russia or the war in the desert and Italy. They both intrest me greatly. So from the people who have both, what the the pros and cons of each one? In your opinions of course. No one is right or wrong.

Get both if you can, you can get them for... I forget the price, but not much by any standard. Otherwise it really is a matter of which do you think you'd be playing more. In my case that is CMBB, but what can you expect from a Finn? Both games have more to offer than you will ever have time to play. You just need to follow your heart. Or flip a coin.

I like the West better, so I would say to get CMAK. However, BFC is going to create a new engine and will likely start with the Western Front. Also, you may want to consider getting CMBB, as there is certainly going to be a CMAK patch to fix the bugs in the programming.

Get CMBB; right out of the box it's a more mature game, with the patching sequence done. ANd the variety and breadth of units is astounding. CMAK is great and I am loving it, but their is an intensity to CMBB that i haven't gotten out of the desert yet...

either way you will be totally pleased, i am confident.

There is the discount CMBB/CMAK pack of course.

If you're sure whichever one you get now you'll eventually get the other later, then I'd say do 'em in order and get CMBB first. If you're sure you'll only ever get one, maybe the top-of-the-line CMAK would be your best bet.

CMAK's got better art, some semi-small (but cool) improvements, including those cool dust clouds, and English speaking voices. CMBB's got Czech light tanks, human wave attacks, and Sturmtigers. Plus CMBB can be modded from stem to stern.

Decisions decisions.

I would get CMAK and CMBB if I were you.

But if you can only get one, I would reccomend CMBB. But I'm an East Front nut at heart. And the manual is better.

CMAK is a great game, and I will have lots of fun playuing it, but I will not neglect CMBB just because of CMAK, and I think that many people will continue to play CMBB after the initial CMAK stuff wears off.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

"...And the manual is better"

Well, actually if you include the CMAK 'QuickGuide' and very nice color pdf manual the CMBB and CMAK manual(s) seem to be practically word-for-word identical! After all, most of the controls and terrain features work just the same in both.

I'm sure. But the CMBB manual is printed and binded, which is much better than .pdf's.

:D

Thanks for all the posts with the info. I think I will go with CMBB for the moment because A) Will learn the moves better with the more in depth manual and B) Patches and Mods more available at the moment with CMBB.

I will get CMAK soon, just at the moment with X-mas here I only have enough money to spend on myself for one game. I really want to get the bundle pack but ohh well. I'll get CMAK soon.

Once again thanks for all the posts.

Are you living someplace where you'd be able to locate the CMBB 'Special Edition' put out on U.S. storeshelves by CDV? It's exactly the same game with a second freeware CD with piles of extra scenarios and mods. The 'special Edition' isn't strictly necessary though, because all that stuff (and more besides) is also available on the net with a little patient searching and downloading.