A Mod request for killer IS-2 camo pattern

My plain-Jane IS-2 mod is back up on CMMODS. Anyone who wants to alter it, camou it, or simply mess with it can do so with my full permission.

One thing that might slow dow would-be modders on the beast, thought, is the maddening way the polygon is covered by the textures. Corners of the turret and hull TOP art also covers bits of the turret and hull FRONT! Its' enough to make you tear your hair out trying to work on that darned mod.

[ November 04, 2003, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

well i think its easy enough to check what goes where... just change each bmp file for a blank one of different colors... and then write numbers at the corners of it to see where the corners go (if anywhere)... :confused:

Go on then as its so easy give it a go :D

Ummmm... I missed a T34?

IS there a rolled-steel turret T34/76 M42 in the game? I know I got the M1940 and M1941 ones. I'm going to have to check that out! Just today I finished reloading every T34/76 mod there is back onto the CMMODS site.

By the way, anyone who wants to 'tart-up' ANY of my mods with camou or markings and repost 'em, be my guest.

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

well i think its easy enough to check what goes where... just change each bmp file for a blank one of different colors... and then write numbers at the corners of it to see where the corners go (if anywhere)... :confused:

I have a modder's series pack (a steel-gray IS-2) that I haven't released to cmmods.com yet, it simply the original textures deprived of color. If you think you can camo up this baby, i'll send it on to you.

zim

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

Mike: I got your IS-2 ( with options ) a while back & it's not " Plain Jane ". I wish you'd do the standard T-34 M42 ( not the cast turret one - I know you've done that already ).

IS there a rolled-steel turret T34/76 M42 in the game?
No Mike, there is only one T-34 M42. I fiddle with the editor a lot and believe me there is only a cast turret M42.

[ November 04, 2003, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Originally posted by Zimorodok:

I have a modder's series pack (a steel-gray IS-2) that I haven't released to cmmods.com yet, it simply the original textures deprived of color. If you think you can camo up this baby, i'll send it on to you.

zim

Dear Zimorodok, why not upload it at cmmods ?

Also, I tried yesterday to download a "Modder's series" file which was intended to contain early Tiger I and early Panther A. It only contains the Tiger. Did I miss something or will you create a package for the PzVA early later ? :confused:

ooops Bogdan, too many Checkmarks. :D

It was supposed to only be for Tigers.

I'll pu the IS-2 up there as well as the ISU series when i finish my current project, ok? I was only offering right now as an interim measure

I have a whole slew of mods "in progress" right now, and I'll probably put them all up in a batch in the near future. I'm doing something like 20 odd tanks for Tooz right now.

Zimorodok.

Originally posted by gautrek:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

Go on then as its so easy give it a go :D </font>

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Zimorodok, considering the... unfortunate... condition of the games default IS-2 texture feel free, if you'd like, to grab my IS-2 mod to turn into a modder-series steel version. No use reinventing the wheel over and over! ;)

ooooh! I never saw this one! Are you sure I could use this?

The stock graphics are...simplistic.

I just downloaded it from Cmmods.com...but if you have source files (PhotoShop?) that would be super useful to me in making something for the Modder's series.

Hey, what's the RGB for your T-34 pack? Where'd you get that blue-green from?

zim

Hehe, no worries at all Zimorodok, I was just having a joke ;) Actually Ive said all along that I could no way spend the time on each vehicles that the mod guys have..I had to do 2 or 3 a day to get all of the vehicles I did into CMBB smile.gif

Thanksfully with the rewrite coming along we should be able to have much more detailed models and textures. Actually I am looking at some software right now that allows you to paint detail directly onto the 3D model smile.gif

Dan

Zimorodok asks:

"...but if you have source files (PhotoShop?)"

I checked last night and it seems all my old IS-2 base art has gone missing! Must've fallen victim to a bout of computer house-cleaning a couple months back. Sorry about that. The IS-2 mod at CMMODS is all we've got.

Zimorodok also asks

"Hey, what's the RGB for your T-34 pack? Where'd you get that blue-green from?"

I just fiddled with my art until the color looked like that. My coloring advice is to do your mod any shade you want. Then when you're finished sample my blue-green color off one of my bmps and place a solid layer of color over your art as a "hue" layer. That's what I do (in Photoshop).

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Zimorodok asks:

"...but if you have source files (PhotoShop?)"

I checked last night and it seems all my old IS-2 base art has gone missing! Must've fallen victim to a bout of computer house-cleaning a couple months back. Sorry about that. The IS-2 mod at CMMODS is all we've got.

oh bloody hell. Well, I'll get started on it from what's on cmmods

Zimorodok also asks

"Hey, what's the RGB for your T-34 pack? Where'd you get that blue-green from?"

I just fiddled with my art until the color looked like that. My coloring advice is to do your mod any shade you want. Then when you're finished sample my blue-green color off one of my bmps and place a solid layer of color over your art as a "hue" layer. That's what I do (in Photoshop).

Hope this helps.

what I was wondering is where/why you chose that blue green. I've already copied it to dozens of other vehicles. I was just wondering where it came from.

wip_miked.jpg

Zim