Temp place to download RealColors Mod

I suggest whoever is able to host it (good connection), should do it - Kazaa is great for spreading and it's really VERY simple.

Just DL KazaaLite from the given links in this thread, install it, search for the filename and download.

If you've already got the MOD and wanna share, just copy the files you wanna share into MY SHARED FOLDER of the Kazaa program-folder and wait till someone starts downloading.

I never used Kazaa before and i know a lot other communication proggies, but Kazaa is really genius. Never believed that.

The problem for Mac users with Ace.exe: why not use the PC emulator?

I have no problems with anyone posting the mod anywhere they want as long as the follow the copyright and freeware (no charge) policy.

I actually had a company attempt to steal a mod I did for a commerical Operation Flashpoint add-on so I have to be very firm on the FREEWARE only policy or else I'll burn whoever does it like I did them ;)

Just a fair warning... kazaa is spyware, as are most p2p clients on windows. CNET

I wouldn't use it unless you know how to edit your registry or are a programmer who knows a lot.

Tom_w--- in Mac OSX there is a .pkg viewer built into the finder, im not sure if it works for .exe files, but it might be worth a try. Control click on the .exe and select "view package contents".

Gunslinger said:

I have no problems with anyone posting the mod anywhere they want as long as the follow the copyright and freeware (no charge) policy.
Gunslinger, just for the record - applying a few brightness and color filters over our original and unchanged graphics does not entitle you to a copyright. These graphics are still copyrighted by Battlefront.com. Just wanting to set this straight, since I've seen you mention your "copyright" in several places already.

Martin

PS. Edited to add the relevant quote from further above...

[ November 10, 2002, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Moon ]

That would be true except for the fact that that is not all that I did.

I also changed some of the graphics, for example, the flags, the splash screen and a few other files here and there.

So rather than list every file I changed completely, I just encompassed the whole mod process as copyright. smile.gif

• 1 month later...