ISU-122 Photos

I visited the IWM Duxford today and thought I'd post a photo of this sweet baby. I asked the conservation shop team leader if it was an ISU-122 and he said yes. So, don't flame me if it doesn't look like one to you. Apparently, this vehicle is in the queue to be brought back into running order.

10003592ce.th.jpg

10003608bt.th.jpg

Ant,

That's no run of the mill MTLB. Rather, that's the rare GS-13 BIG FRED (SNAR-10) millimeter wave countermortar/ counterbattery radar variant. See David Isby's WEAPONS & TACTICS OF THE SOVIET ARMY, Fully Revised Edition, pages 490-491 for details. Wonder if the radar's still in it? I believe the track in the background is a British FV-432.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by Bigduke6:

The assault gun is of course an ISU-152, perhaps the studliest urban assault vehicle ever built. Never argue right of way with one of those puppies.

Well, which is it? 122 or 152?

Ant is right. The land warfare hall is great, but it was even cooler getting to see and touch the vehicles in the shop and park. Ant, are you a volunteer?