Rare units ok?

I've played this game a lot but usually with the less rare units like the T-34's and Panzer IV's in early war and Panthers of the late war but I get the urge to play with rare units like the sturmtiger or maybe something less exotic like the KV-2 or King Tiger. My rule to playing so far has been if it has a rarity below 100% then it's ok but even purchasing a unit with 70-80% rarity I feel like I am cheating the AI out of a fair game. After this rambling I just want to know if it's ok to indulge myself and buy the most rare units for the time period?

P.S. GJ w/ the patch dev team, keep it up!

The whole point of the game is to let you know what was out there and what it could do. The whole thing is a what if.

If you want to stay historic, remember that even the rarest vehicles were used somewhere (with a few exceptions). While sending in a company of Sturmtigers might be pushing it, a company of King Tigers might not have been common but they did exist.

Originally posted by Shifty 101:

My rule to playing so far has been if it has a rarity below 100% then it's ok but even purchasing a unit with 70-80% rarity I feel like I am cheating the AI out of a fair game.

I don't think there is any tank so poorly priced that buying it at +100% (i.e. paying twice what its worth) will give you an unfair advantage.

Aaron