**IMPORTANT From-Scratch 76mm Sherman for CMBB!!**

I was afraid to tackle this one for a loooong time.

Russian Lend-lease M4A2 diesel Sherman 76mm gun

At our favorite site of course:

www.cmmods.com

Once again I tip my hat to the CM polygon makers. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to pull-off a believable 76mm gun Sherman cast turret. But the more I got into the project the more cooperative the polygon turned out to be. Great job BFC!

This mod is a TOTAL FROM-SCRATCH redo of the game's 76mm gun Sherman. Correct engine deck, full tool stowage, reasonably accurate commander's cupola (that was a tough nut to crack!). Plus four alt. turret sides with slogans/tactical numbers.

Before you ask, I haven't had the chance to compare the CMBB and CMAK Sherman polygons, so I don't know if they're compatible yet. stay tuned.

Here's the screenshot off cmmods.com:

MikeyD's from-scratch M4A2 76mm gun Sherman

After modding the vehicle i finally got a chance to play a proper game with the tank (first time in a looooong time). I'm suddenly a Sherman fan!

30 mph top speed, 3-man turret with cupola, VERY fast turret rotation. The tank can quick-draw any opponent, I could immediately spot & supress AT guns, and I could hole Stugs through the bow first shot! The biggest surprise was when a German 75 partially penetrated the turret front of one of my M4A2s and hardly disturbed the crew. After playing 2-man turret T34s the 76mm Sherman felt like an überweapon!

[ December 14, 2004, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Thanks for the mod! a nice one. Ive been waiting for a good sherman mod. Makes me want to get back into the modding scene, and merry Xmas to everyone, and Battlefront folks! and thanks for the best WW2 games out there. I don;t get to come to the forum much anymore but I still play CMBO and CMBB every chance I get