Presentation a quick question (hope so)

Dear CM players, I am a newbie CMBB player. I'm from Spain.

This forum is GREAT, and I'm learning a lot about the units and tactics. The game is so much deep and complex that I expected before playing it.

I must also say that I usually play russians (mainly cos my friends prefer germans, and that's the way to find IP players easily ;) ). Is hard living the russian way of life in those green tanks, facing the Tigers and Panthers claws :D

And finally the question: Yesterday one of my KV2 faced a PIIIL at 500 meters. It was a green crew, and after 2 min firing on each other (and no severe damage by no one), my crew flee from the tank. How is it regulated? I say: How much fire should get a crew to flee from the vehicle? Doesn't matter if the most are ricochet?

Thx a lot again, gents.

Each hit has a chance to degrade morale. The worse the unit quality, the bigger the chance that the unit becomes shaken or on subsequent hits broken. The chance of abanonding the tank greatly raises when it becomes immobilized and/or gun damaged.

The heavy tanks are actually quite easy to get rid of in CMBB if you know that. Instead of trying to penetrate them you can instead take several light shooters with high hit probablity and high rate of fire and bang away at the heavy tank. Chances are you get gun damage or cause the crew to flee. If the heavy tank operates without cover from from other (possibly lighter) tanks you can do thatw ithout losing too many of the light shooters.

I'm not sure exactly how this is quantified either. (Perhaps you can tell us!) Obviously if the enemy keeps hitting your tank, it tends to freak the crew out a little, even if the shots don't penetrate. The game also takes into account the success that your tank has had in damaging the enemy. If the kill likelihood is low, or they have had several direct shots richochet, your crew is more likely to bail. This is to simulate the impression that the enemy may be invulnerable and that retreating or bailing out is the only option for your crew's survival.

Dr. Rosenrosen

I've seen the bailouts on immobilize results from track hits, and from gun damaged tanks. Fully operational ones don't usually bail, no matter how many rounds are hammering on the hull outside. If a tank has lost both its main gun and ability to move, the crew always bails ASAP.

I've hear (real world) combat tales where Russian tank crews would be driven mad by the rain repeated non-penetrating hits (imagine what that must sound like. Bash! Bash! Bash!). That they'd sometimes go mad... start screaming and crying... wet themselves... exit the vehicle into the teeth of certain death rather than stay buttoned up.

Hvy tank crews abandoning perfectly servicable vehicles is VERY rare in CMBB, though. Could they have received gun damage and you missed it?