the new AF, which sides will be commonly portrayed

in "beyond overlord" the majority of battles (somewhere in the region of 94%) were american versus ss/heer/fallscriminger. this is pretty fine and dandy seeing as america did most of the legwork in france, and it is after all an american game. dito for the barbarossa to berlin viz ah viz russains versus germans

but in this new game. will the scenarios mainly be brittish versus italians/germans? i think it should be seeing as there were two full years of war between britain and germany/italy there before america stepped in, and even then it was the brittish eighth army in the east that was tackling the majority of axis forces (as in: IN PERSON not through aid - which was certainly helpfull)

Well, urefinger,

one of us has to count then and it's not me smile.gif

At least the tournamenthouse quickbattlers preferred British because of all the neat toys, except the die hard infantry runners who wanted the 12-man squads. All the AARs are still up, you can count.

Scenario counting should be easily done with a quick look at the scenario depot.

In the depot there are 821 US, 258 British, 101 Canadian, 62 French and 37 Polish scenarios. That makes for 64 % of the scenarios feature the Yanks. However, I doubt the disparity is so glaring if you only look at the scenarios that came on your cd, and certainly not 94 %!!!

Originally posted by Sergei:

In the depot there are 821 US, 258 British, 101 Canadian, 62 French and 37 Polish scenarios. That makes for 64 % of the scenarios feature the Yanks. However, I doubt the disparity is so glaring if you only look at the scenarios that came on your cd, and certainly not 94 %!!!

Can you project the numbers to the number of downloads? I got the impression that the download hitlist was often lead by the British, but maybe its my imagination.

Nobody knows what proportion will be Brits in CMAK because I doubt any scenarios have actually been done yet, seeing that they're probably still hard-coding the basics (correct TO&Es and all). I suspect Between the early desert war, Monty's arrival, and Commonwealth forces this game could be weighted much much more heavily towards the Brits. Of course we'll have the U.S. troops getting their butts kicked a Kassarine (spelling?) pass and getting passed through the meat grinders of Monte Cassino and Anzio too.

somewhere in the region of 94%
at the very least 3-1
100% of the battles
That makes for 64 %
(Sergei .... you counted them !! :eek: )

Do you people realise that.........

1. 79.36% or all statistics are made up .....

2. 12.67% are only accurate to within 14.7%(+/-)....

3. Leaving only the remaining 7.97% correct.

4. Only 10% of all forum members will read this post and only 3% of that 10% will actually care !

;)

Disclaimer:

The author of this post offers no guarantees that information contained within this post

does not fall into category 1 of the above list

Do you people realise that.........

1. 79.36% or all statistics are made up .....

2. 12.67% are only accurate to within 14.7%(+/-)....

3. Leaving only the remaining 7.97% correct.

4. Only 10% of all forum members will read this post and only 3% of that 10% will actually care !

This not a scientific poll and is for entertainment only.

[ May 28, 2003, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Nippy ]

Originally posted by Lou2000:

(Sergei .... you counted them !! :eek: )

Yeah, every time a new scenario is uploaded there, I mark it to an accountancy book. Or then I just search for CMBO scenarios by the Allied side, and note how many are found. You decide ;)

hah very funny tongue.gif

but i was just saying - i hope the fact that the game is made in america will not influence them to put the majority of with-the-package scenarios as american, as i think it would be historicly inaccurate.

given the timescales involved and the battles and so forth it should really be 60percent brittish versus germans

btw - im really looking forawrd to seeing multit turreted tanks, mayby the could release and update for cmbb that lets you use thing like the soviet t28?

check it out at www.battlefield.ru

Originally posted by urefinger:

but i was just saying - i hope the fact that the game is made in america will not influence them to put the majority of with-the-package scenarios as american, as i think it would be historicly inaccurate.

There are non-US scenario designers though. I for one can not wait to start doing stuff with the CEF or the Kiwis. I also have this nice history of the DCLI that has quite a bit of stuff in it.

Originally posted by urefinger:

given the timescales involved and the battles and so forth it should really be 60percent brittish versus germans

You're forgetting the Italians. In fact, they were engaged with the BCE forces even before the Germans arrived in the NA theater.

btw - im really looking forawrd to seeing multit turreted tanks, mayby the could release and update for cmbb...
Nope. BFC has already announced that ain't gonna happen.

Michael

Originally posted by Andreas:

There are non-US scenario designers though.

What's more, 40% (and counting) of BFC's professional staff is non-US.

Whatever pro-US bias is observable is more due to the shape of the market, I suspect. US players probably form the best represented national body of wargamers. The Finns, it is worth noting, are the noisiest.

;)

Michael

Michael emrys writes:

"What's more, 40% (and counting) of BFC's professional staff is non-US."

Hmmm... I thought BFC's staff was up to the staggering number of SIX! 40% of six would mean someone's right leg must not be a U.S. citizen.

I guess it must be true, 12.67% of al stastics are only accurate to within 14.7%(+/-).... :D:D;);)

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Michael emrys writes:

"What's more, 40% (and counting) of BFC's professional staff is non-US."

Hmmm... I thought BFC's staff was up to the staggering number of SIX! 40% of six would mean someone's right leg must not be a U.S. citizen.

I guess it must be true, 12.67% of al stastics are only accurate to within 14.7%(+/-).... :D:D;);)

Er, what part of "...and counting..." do you have trouble understanding?

tongue.gif;)

Michael

Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by urefinger:

There are non-US scenario designers though. I for one can not wait to start doing stuff with the CEF or the Kiwis. I also have this nice history of the DCLI that has quite a bit of stuff in it. </font>