Must see! Greatest military clashes Discovery Chan Now!

Current one airing since 5 p.m. PDT on DirecTV covers direct vs. indirect fire in WW I (inc. shrapnel procedures) and is about to discuss airpower development in that war. Episode after that is Tiger vs. Sherman, in an apparent marathon of shows. Program features reconstructed weapons,

good computer graphics and actual battle terrain.

Program quality much better than most History Chan offerings.

Enjoy!

Regards,

John Kettler

[ September 21, 2003, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Just saw the Clashes on Discovery. It was quite worth while and a real step up for TV. Every one who plays CM would enjoy this quite a bit. However, I don't think that a whole bunch will be learned. Indeed, some education will be imparted upon the unwashed masses, rabble, and riff raff. :eek:

Cheers, Richard :D

I thought the series, the three that I saw anyway, was pretty good. The Sherman vs. Tiger episode, I thought, was particularly nice. Won't spoil for the rest of you, but it was good just to see tanks rolling around and old tankers interviewed. Didn't rely on a bunch of old combat footage, but, instead, on showing restored weaponry. I liked the part where the Spitfire pilot climbed into the cockpit of the only ME109 and assessed it. Good series, if you don't catch it, it's available from Discovery.

Does anybody know where I can get DivX versions of WW2 Docu's of for instance Discovey Channel?

I used to have Discovery Channel and watch "Battlefield & Weapons of war" etc everytime, but now I can't it anymore. :(

p.s Not sure if this is a warez request (gues not because videotaping it isn't illegal too I think).

I watched all the episodes and enjoyed the fact that they weren't the typical rehash of popular opinions, but were fairly well researched and included actual participants.

The most interesting part was listening to the British tankers all say they wish they'd had a Tiger while the German tanker said he wished he'd had a Sherman. The grass is always greener...

Originally posted by IntelWeenie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

[QBThe most interesting part was listening to the British tankers all say they wish they'd had a Tiger while the German tanker said he wished he'd had a Sherman. The grass is always greener...

I thought he said at the end he liked the Tiger better... :confused: [/QB]</font>

Frankly, I was rather suprised that all the "Sherman" vets were British. Why were there no Americans interviewed??

My favorite part of that episode: the guy giving the "troop vs. Tiger" demo with scale models on the hood of the jeep. I want my tanks to roll over and play dead when they get shot, too!

All in all, I thought the whole series was fairly good (for TV) and didn't notice a whole bunch of glaring errors like you usually see in such shows.