It's the 'Great Cheery Waffle, MasterGoodale!' Growls and howls for Halloween

Originally posted by rune:

Add in Berli playing the Germans against the Pommies, and we will have a good time. smile.gif

Rune

Whisky, CMAK, and good company....

Dare I say it?

Sounds like Berli will be in Heaven this W/end, which makes a change from the usual... tongue.gif

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rune:

It is a bottle of Glenfiddich Special Reserve Single malt Scotch, aged to perfection for 12 years. Add in playing the Pommies in CMAK, and what more could you ask for? The beer? DAB, Corona Extra, Warsteiner, and Pilsner Urquell.

Add in Berli playing the Germans against the Pommies, and we will have a good time. smile.gif

Rune

Oh, man. I had a bottle of that a month or two ago, it's fantastic. Scotch and CMxx. Now that's heaven.

Originally posted by Becket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

It is a bottle of Glenfiddich Special Reserve Single malt Scotch, aged to perfection for 12 years. Add in playing the Pommies in CMAK, and what more could you ask for? The beer? DAB, Corona Extra, Warsteiner, and Pilsner Urquell.

Rune

Oh, man. I had a bottle of that a month or two ago, it's fantastic. Scotch and CMxx. Now that's heaven. </font>

Originally posted by Soddball:

The trouble is that figure is so flexible. When he thinks he's winning, you'll get three turns a day. When he's being banged like a ho and you're on the verge of victory, you'll be lucky to see one pop a fortnight. :mad: :mad:

Still, I made him my bitch, which is what counts. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Good god Soddball, or you so incompetent that you can't you even be insulted right?

:mad: :mad: :mad: and so on and so forth

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

The trouble is that figure is so flexible. When he thinks he's winning, you'll get three turns a day. When he's being banged like a ho and you're on the verge of victory, you'll be lucky to see one pop a fortnight. :mad: :mad:

Still, I made him my bitch, which is what counts. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Good god Soddball, or you so incompetent that you can't you even be insulted right?

</font>

Gamey updates from the land of never-ending rain and mud. I feel like I live on the Ypres salient.

I am failing miserably as a good arch nemesis against Snarker. On defense my troops seem to think it's a good idea to wait until the enemy gets inside the same building as them before opening fire. Maggots. :mad:

Dave, despite living in Indiana, is putting up a fierce resistance to my German attack with a few nutbar Russian SMG squads. I am most impressed. :mad: The BDLRM tourney must have been good for something. What that is, I don't know yet. :mad:

Becket and I are putting the boots to one another in a recon scenario, him as the Russians, me as the Hungry, Hungry Hungarians. It's a hoot. Poor Becket said he feels lost. Walk to the light, my friend, walk to the light. (The thing coming from those muzzles)

Mike, the maggot from another time zone, waits in the cold with his stinky socks for my German attack. (Don't ask)

And although he has not been seen here in many a fortnight, Crow is alive and well, sending turns in Soddball's 60-turn winter abomination. We are 40 turns in with no end in sight since all my men are snow blind at this point.

So there! tongue.gif :mad:

I'll not be long here. I'm afraid I'll have to announce that all of my CMBB games will be forfeited. :( That shouldn't come as a surprise to any of you though... After the last time that I sent any turns out, I just kept on delaying and delaying the next batch of turns, and here I am now, probably 1,5 months or more from the last set that I sent. I have to admit to getting bored of the game. CMAK is nearing its release, but I just can't be bothered.

Not only am I bored of the game, but there's something going on in my life that effectively prevents me from sending turns. Next Wednesday I'm traveling to England for work. If things go well, and I damn well hope they will, I'll stay for about six months in that merry old island. You'll realize that in my situation CMBB no longer is a priority, and infact it hasn't been so for a while. Thus, consider all my games to end. To add to that, I'd like to state that I'm withdrawing from the community, and won't return. As if you cared... :DPrinz Eugen is no more.

I know you won't think highly of me due my maggotism regarding my turn-sending ; this isn't the first time I haven't been sending turns, but it's definately the last. I'd like to apologize for being such a maggot. This isn't something one would expect of a Cheery Waffler, so for feeling very ashamed of my behaviour I won't be returning to this fine thread again.

If any of you still have my turns, and are interested to see my setups and such, I'll give you my passwords for the games. They are as follows :

mike_the_wino : perkeles

Snarker : salis

cavscout : katastroof

Robohn : pilotti

Keke : finskipoju

Mike : uussee

These are all the passwords that I remember. Once again, I'm sorry gents. I won't be troubling you ever again !

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

I know you won't think highly of me due my maggotism regarding my turn-sending ; this isn't the first time I haven't been sending turns, but it's definately the last. I'd like to apologize for being such a maggot. This isn't something one would expect of a Cheery Waffler, so for feeling very ashamed of my behaviour I won't be returning to this fine thread again.

Well that's just silly. Anyone and everyone is always welcome here. Hey, RL gets in the way sometimes! Nothing to be ashamed of.

I wish you well in the future good Prinz.

In the Golden X Inn, the campus pub at my alma matter St. Francis Xavier University, they had this emblazoned in wood above the bar. (It's from Chesterton's biography of Dickens.)

comradeship and serious joy are not interludes in our travels home; but rather our travels home are interludes in comradeship and joy, which through God, shall endure forever. The inn does not point to the road; the road points to the inn. And all roads point at last to an ultimate inn, where we shall meet with Dickens and all his characters: and when we drink again it shall be from the great flagons in the tavern at the end of the world.
Even though I'm not religious, that still gives me goosebumps. (And it always inspired us to greater heights of drinking when at the Inn. tongue.gif )

[ November 02, 2003, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: Axe2121 ]

I never liked that book. It was full of nonsense words like "the" and "it".

Speaking of nonsense, Goodale Mean Time (GMT) must have set the clock back also. That would be another weeks delay in turn rate.

What is it Maggot saving time already???? :confused:

I just adjusted my bioclock!!!! :mad:

Prinz Eugen, thanks for letting us know you are at least alive and well. Personally I was concerned that Keke had been rehearsing his anti-tank tactics on your car. You'll know where to find us if you feel like dropping in again sometime. You are still be a maggot even if you never play Combat Mission. In fact, that probably makes you even more highly qualified to be a lifetime maggot! :D

Good luck in England. If you happen to run into Soddball, please do it while driving a large bus going about 120 kilometers per hour. All your friends here will appreciate it greatly.

YK2, congratulations on becoming the <big>Queen of the Peng thread!!</big> Remember that you can always come here to relax and be a maggot for a while. We will not hold your new title against you. One request: please don't allow the riff-raff from the other thread to follow you here. :mad: :mad:

My Pz IIIs have opened fire on Stikkypixie's Valentines at about 1,500 meters. Maybe my Germans would be better off throwing rocks at him.

Today I completed Soddball's infamous Cheery Waffle 2.0 versus _UXcva. Much blood was spilled, much property burned, much expensive hardware was reduced to scrap. Other than that, not much happened. :D

The gamey maggot Becket has sneaked some Soviet uber-assault gun behind my StuHs and destroyed them all. Maybe we should have investigated that "meteor" that fell behind us a bit more closely. We suspect he used a huge slingshot to hurl it over our lines. It couldn't have been faulty tactics on my part. :rolleyes:

Axe is attacking my company of Soviet infantry with what looks like a reinforced battalion of Germans. They are as thick as MasterGoodale's renegade mice. tongue.gif

Mike has my Soviets attacking a town which appears to have been flattened by bombers. Almost every building is now a pile of rubble. This looks like a battle to be approached slowly, but we only have 20+ turns, so we must rush. That will cost good men, which does not make me happy.

THumpre is sending BDLRM turns very slowly. I think I'll go ahead and post the results of the six completed games. It won't affect our game.

Ahhh.....so PE has p'ed off......that's a shame.....my conscript Tiger won't have a chance to prove it's mettle after all....probably a good thing......

Good luck young fella me ald - don't let het Poms get you down at all - they're mostly harmless!

Dave you gormless maggot spawn - your "men" are electrons and phosphor - stop being a prat and get a bleedin' move on!! tongue.gif

[ November 02, 2003, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]