2nd printing of the Strat guide... Please improve useability of tables

I don't know if BFC is taking any input regarding the updated strategy guide (hope so) but I'd like to throw in a suggestion as well.

Can we have a column noting ammo types (not amounts) which a unit will potentially have. At the moment we get max AP penetration columns at various ranges, but it makes a BIG difference if a unit carries a couple of rounds of Tungsten as well.

Most people would like to use these tables at the purchase selection screen, and need to know if an AFV has a few T rounds as well as it's AP before making a descision whether to buy it or the next one.

We don't necessarily need penetration tables for T rounds, just the knowledge that it may well have the capability to take out an AFV above and beyond what it's regular AP can accomplish.

It would also be useful to know if it may well carry HC or C rounds in addition to it's HE. So one 'Ammo' column with AP, HE, T, HC, C noted in it as applicable would suffice.

If these tables are getting unwieldy IMO we can lose the much less useful penetration at various ranges columns. Just put in it's max penetration at pointblank range, we all know that it fades over distance from there.

For CM regulars like most people here, the unit tables are the main reason we bought the guide, and it's important to get them to be as useful as possible.

Thanks.

[ January 12, 2003, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Rex_Bellator ]

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

:eek: Bloody hell Chris, your tables are superb.

Thanks! Glad you like 'em. smile.gif

Michael Dorosh wrote:

I know there are some terrific EXCEL tables out in the community

Oh yeah, I meant to mention mike8g's Unit Availability charts are available over at CMMods. They list both beginning and end date for all the vehicles (something my charts don't do).

- Chris

Any chance you can de-elect yourself from self-righteous official guardian for poor defenceless overworked BFC, using the same proceedure which apparently got you the job in the first place?

Steve has been active on the forum the last couple of days.

Here's something for your stressed smilies to try as well: spit.gif

oh,

ok

never mind then

-tom w

• 2 weeks later...

Going to drag this one out again, and apologise to Tom! Sorry mate, went for you a bit there, must have been a hangover.

I'm still very interested to know what if any changes BFC can make to the tables and how the re-print is going generally.

OK

smile.gif thanks

Accepted

I do my best to not take any words or posts here that are directed at me personally, too seriously.

At least I try .

;)

-tom w