CDV 1.02 Released....I think

Originally posted by Nolloff:

Maybe your browser settings for security? I have no problems. Just tried opening the link again. Works for me.

Well I currently have a pretty low security setting so I do not think that would the problem.

Are you located in Germany ? If so it may be the link will only work for IP addresses allocated to Germany.

Originally posted by Nolloff:

Yes, I´m in Germany. Try this

Gamesweb

I get a security warning for a flash installation when the site is loaded but that´s all. I can´t imagine it´s restriced as they have every CDV patch for every country.

Nolloff

I still get the error message telling me ""The download was linked by an unauthorized page!" in English, and "Der Download wurde von einer

nicht authorisierten Seite verlinkt!" in German. Has something been lost in translation there ?

Matt

[ February 13, 2003, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: BritishBulldog ]

Originally posted by Firefly:

Downloading it now in the UK, it appears that Gamesweb don't like download managers. When I tried it with Gozilla I had no success, when I bypassed Gozilla and used IE's downloader it works.

I have tried it both and without having a download manager running. Neither works.

And given the size of the download it is not practical to not use a download manager anyway. Seems CDV screwed this up.

What I did was ALT+Click (to bypass Gozilla) on the link, which opened a pop-up with another link, which I also had to ALT+Click on. Have you got some pop-up disabling software running? If so you may have to turn it off temporarily.

The English patch which I just downloaded is only 15mb which shouldn't be too bad on a dial-up, about an hour if your ISP gives you a decent connection.

The English version does update the version number on the start screen. Anyone know what is the 'multilingual version'? Is it the Finnish/Swedish etc. version?

"Multilingual" seems to be all languages including German, English etc.

If it had only been the version number I wouldn´t have worried but the non multilingual version seems not to have updated my game executable (now dated 24th of Jan).

[ February 13, 2003, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Nolloff ]

Originally posted by Firefly:

What I did was ALT+Click (to bypass Gozilla) on the link, which opened a pop-up with another link, which I also had to ALT+Click on. Have you got some pop-up disabling software running? If so you may have to turn it off temporarily.

The English patch which I just downloaded is only 15mb which shouldn't be too bad on a dial-up, about an hour if your ISP gives you a decent connection.

The English version does update the version number on the start screen. Anyone know what is the 'multilingual version'? Is it the Finnish/Swedish etc. version?

Well I have worked out what the problem is but have yet to find a solution. It is all to do with proxy servers and the dumb way my ISP deals with them and the dumb way gamesweb handle file requests so that, in short, the gamesweb server cannot work out where the file request is coming from.

Thank you all for links!!!.

Don't forget to create new shortcut from CM2.exe in you combat mission folder (the only way I know to get new version working)

konrad

Faithfull Squire To SIR AUSSIEJEFF

Originally posted by hardcampa:

try ftp to get the patches instead

I tried that and whilst I can see the files on the ftp server it refuses the connection when I try to download it. Given the weird method gamesweb use to serve files (each request is given a unique directory name in the ftp server that I pressume then has a symbolic link in it to the actual file) I am not surprised. This would also explain why Gamesweb and my ISP do not like each other. This is what comes when standards aren't.

Still the problem is sorted now, I used an external proxy server that permits external users to connect to it. Now just the nearly 2 hour wait for the thing to download.

Thanks for everyone who helped.

Regards

Matt