Is this a new record?

Gents,

In a recent PBEM-game, which was a pure armor ME, 2000 pts, July 1943, I made classic envelopment attack againts my happles opponent, who had rushed and packed his Soviet tanks near the flags. During turns 19-20 I managed to kill 11 T-34s and 3 SU-152s! Most of the kills were done by Pz-IVHs and Stugs, btw...Could this be a new record or somefink? smile.gif

Keke, we understand you are proud of your achivments, and not knowing the skill of your opponent, maybe it is. But I think you have to relize that there are quite a few players out there, and for every one that comes on the forum with new "records" there are so many more out there, with as big, or bigger "records" that doesnt tell us about it here on the BBS.

If you want an accolade, play the ladder.

Originally posted by Nightshade:

Ladder, what ladder ?

I think he means the CM ladder at TournamentHouse , but I could be wrong !

I signed up on it and was hoping to get a few PBEMs out of it ... no contact and the 3 or 4 players i have emailed for a game have never replied. I think the top end of the ladder is fairly active ... but have a feeling there are lots of new players who sign up and never get further than their first game .....

Of course you could sign up and throw ME a challenge ;) or just email from my profile !

I see from yr profile you are in the UK ... same here ... and i'd love the chance to engage a Civil Servant :D;)

Lou2000

kake,

this forum is dominated by alot of grumpy old men who have set themselves too high a Grog level to be frivolous, cheerful so plain fun.

of coss, there is *nothing* wrong to be a GOM, ( I mean, after spending the better part of last nite searching/verifying the no. of Tank Crew details into a spreadsheet, i feel like a mini-GOM myself).

So, doan get upset, no name calling, just accept this as a quirk in this forum. I remember starting a thread on gamey tactics and got blasted/condemned/banished by the GOM.

Cheers!

Originally posted by Keke:

Gents,

In a recent PBEM-game, which was a pure armor ME, 2000 pts, July 1943, I made classic envelopment attack againts my happles opponent, who had rushed and packed his Soviet tanks near the flags. During turns 19-20 I managed to kill 11 T-34s and 3 SU-152s! Most of the kills were done by Pz-IVHs and Stugs, btw...Could this be a new record or somefink? smile.gif

I suggest that you hop right on over to the nice ladies & gentlemen at the Peng Challenge Thread and tell them all about it.

I'm sure you'll be much happier with the response you get there... :D

Edit: Coz eye kant spell

[ February 21, 2003, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: Fly Pusher ]

Maybe you can start a record web site then, so we can all come and post our records there. Im looking forward to play my kid brother and post my super record there.
Panzer 76

in my unbiased opinion panzer i always thought actions speak louder than words,so instead of mocking try challenging him instead.

Just a thought but he might even beat you and the loser can dig latrines for a month. :D

Regards

J Lad

Originally posted by Panzer76:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Keke:

Simple no is not a proper answer.

Maybe you can start a record web site then, so we can all come and post our records there. Im looking forward to play my kid brother and post my super record there. </font>

I did destroy 6 Shermans in a CMBO game once. That took me some 20 secs because the AI trew them as reinforcements in front of 2 veteran panzer IV crew's who were making an encirclement move.

6 in 20 sec makes 36 in 2 turns devided by 2 makes it 18 for each crew in 2 turns and 9 for each crew in 1 turn.

I just put 9 numbers in 1 sentence, now that must be a record or somefink :D !

Mies

Originally posted by Sergeant Pepper:

in my unbiased opinion panzer i always thought actions speak louder than words,so instead of mocking try challenging him instead.

Just a thought but he might even beat you and the loser can dig latrines for a month. :D

Regards

J Lad

True, but Keke feels this HAS to be a record, the only proper answer is, yes Keke, it is a record.

So Keke, you ask if it is a record, some have said no, but you werent sattisfied with this asnwer.

And anyhow, how are we to say that it is a record, is there like a Database with ALL games played were we can check? No.

Yes, you killed alot of tanks, and Im sure you played well, but as Ive said before, there are quite a few CMBB players out there, so I dont think it is a record.

And anyhow, a record of what? To accuratly measure thses records, one would have to play on the same map with the same forces.

Would it be a bigger "record" if I played on a pool table map with Tigers vs T-26? I would kill more vehicles than you did.

Would it be a bigger "record" if I played on a urban map with lotsa T34s vs Stugs and a very inexperienced player?

I hope you can see that there is no way one could quantify your "record". It is a amusing story and all that, but starting to talk about records is a bit silly. IMO.