June 1943, German 42mm LePAK Antitank Gun

I am amazed at the amount of knowledge the community has here. I genuinly feel I could ask any relevant question and get a plausible answer. I am new to CMBB but I feel the community here are a good bunch having seen some communities for other games and getting the impression that it is elite only welcome. A bit off topic but thought I would post and say how refreshing it is to stumble onto a nicer community.

Just to prove my point..Is there anywhere I can get a translation of the speech spoken by the troops cos I am stumped at what "Feuer anstellung" means..ceasefire by any chance?

Originally posted by Meach:

Just to prove my point..Is there anywhere I can get a translation of the speech spoken by the troops cos I am stumped at what "Feuer anstellung" means..ceasefire by any chance?

You're welcome, glad you like it in here.

I once did a translation for the german wavs in the demo version. In the full game there are many more, but it's a good start.

Here's the link:

German for beginners...

And yes, "Feuer einstellen" means cease fire.

Hmmm, and I always thought it was called lePak because the weapon was originally French like the old leCar by Renault!

Meach, you can get some amazingly astute answers out of the guys in this group. You can also get some real dumb-ass answers (like the one above). The best way to tell one answer from the other is to wait and see which one gets slapped down for stupidity. ;):D

[ April 14, 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

LOL..leCar..LOL..I will take the rough with the smooth in my quest for knowledge on the subject on CMBB. What also amazes me is the fact that the modders are here in the forums and available for comment and discussion along with the Devs of the game..fantastic. I am sure that MikeyD has produced mods that i use..Mike Duplessis?

What a great community in which I now take part in.

I have only played it for about an hour but its a case of

I WANT ONE

I might have to buy my lad a PS 2 for his birthday so i can play it . :D

I know its out on the PC but games like this are just made for getting pissed in front of a telly with a load of mates and taking the piss out of each other.

GTA is one of the finest quality games I have ever played..apart from CMBO and CMBB, of course...ahem!! And to top it off the development team originally hailed from my home city of Dundee in Scotland. DMA design as they were then. Funnily enough I did not like the look of Vice City...the imagery puts me off cos I never liked Miami Vice and all the 80's crap. The PC version was not too happy about XP if i remember rightly, needed a patch or two.