King Tiger work in progress preview (new pic Dec 20)

Ok, here's a sneak peek at my long term, "from scratch" King Tiger project.

KT_Preview1.jpg

As you can see, there's plenty of Kwazy Dog's original art work that I haven't replaced yet, and plenty of fiddly-bits left to do on the BMPs that I have worked on.

I hope to have it completed sometime before CMx2 ships. :D

Gordon

[ December 20, 2003, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Gordon ]

Having a mod done to death may be neither here or there...but i much prefer to see the boundaries pushed and this KT mod will be very very welcome on my HD. The amount of effort and attention to detail is mind blowing and is a credit to Gordon and his ability as a mod author.

I would agree with you Limey in that there are many and more vehicles that could call out for attention...but what i take Gordon is doing here is something that he LOVE"S.....and when you do something that you love..the end result is always that bit more special.

Tracing back Gordon's MOD track record into CMBO and CMBB you will notice that he is just MAD about Kingtigers..and i say Bravo..more power to you bud.....keep doing what you want do..after all..it is your hobby smile.gif

Anyway..enuff of this huffing and puffing..i got some HDs to clean out smile.gif

Regards

Måkjager

I would agree with you Limey in that there are many and more vehicles that could call out for attention...but what i take Gordon is doing here is something that he LOVE"S.....and when you do something that you love..the end result is always that bit more special.

And I will download it the day it comes out :D How Gordon gets tracks to look so utterly REAL God alone knows........

But I'm stll hankering after some talented modder to do some late PzIII's. Boring when compared to a KT I know but pretty crucial to the game.

Trouble is I LOVE PzIII's but don't have the talent to do the sort of thing Gordon is doing to the KT....ho-hum.

All, thanks for the comments.

As Måkjager points out, the King Tiger is the first, true love of my (modding life). It is, bar none, the coolest, bad-ass looking tank that ever was.

MikeyD, Precisely! And I don't get all woozy from the glue fumes.

There's lot's of potential for moving graphics from CMAK back into CMBB, so I'm sure it will become a cottage industry.

Gordon

Originally posted by V:

do you modders give us these previews for feedback reasons, to make us drool, or to get some small ounce of meaning injected into your slutty lives?

I've always wondered that.

Anyways, it is a beautiful looking King Tiger.

;)

V,

Well, everybody likes nice comments, but mostly I do it just to let folks know what's coming down the pike and also because invariably a grog will point out something I missed. Better now than after I've released it.

Gordon

Originally posted by Gordon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by V:

do you modders give us these previews for feedback reasons, to make us drool, or to get some small ounce of meaning injected into your slutty lives?

I've always wondered that.

Anyways, it is a beautiful looking King Tiger.

;)

V,

Well, everybody likes nice comments, but mostly I do it just to let folks know what's coming down the pike and also because invariably a grog will point out something I missed. Better now than after I've released it.

Gordon </font>

• 2 weeks later...