Light vs Heavy Buildings

GreenAsJade, I had the same problem for quite some time. Since then I only play without roofs on buildings.

Light building: Brown / wooden floor

Heavy building: Grey / concrete floor

It doesn't look as nice, but it is definitely worth it, because you can see the difference right away.

Regards

Uwe

Originally posted by Wassermann:

GreenAsJade, I had the same problem for quite some time. Since then I only play without roofs on buildings.

Light building: Brown / wooden floor

Heavy building: Grey / concrete floor

Uwe

Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!

THAT is what I wanted to know.

(BulletRat - I know about LOS: that is what I have resorted to, but what a pain in the backside when looking at a map and assessing plans to have to grab a unit and los over every building, then try to remember again a minute later "hang on, is that one heavy or light"?)

With respect to "wood or brickwork/concrete" on the outside, take a look at this picture and

see if you can honestly predict what type of house each of these is (based on how they look, not on your knowledge from finding out the hard way many times).

houses.jpg

Think you have it sussed?

The Answer Is Here!

If you think really know how to tell the difference, here's a challenge:

1) post your rule for telling the difference

THEN

2) look at this one and see if your rule gets it right.

(you can cheat and look first then post the rule, but where's the fun in that?)

As i mentioned in another thread, but i'll say it here since its the topic. The buildings look fine as is and there is no need to redraw the buildings just to identify them. Just add a "L" or "H" in a circle on the sides of the building bmps to easily identify them. It may look weird but at least you'll be able to identify heavy or light without the LOS tool.