To the designers of the CMBB - is it possible??

:confused: During my 3 years adventure with CB:BB I have played 250 games against human opponents. I have seen many things, tricks, strategy, interesting purchase etc. But have never seen walking dead !!

During my last TCP game, after my spotter firing I have seen enemy unit "eliminated". Eliminated I mean lying dead with label "eliminated". After 2 turns this zombie stand up, run to the forest and started to fight again !! I killed him again but it is not a point - the point is that he died TWICE !! Second time about 20m away from his first grave.

I got screenshots but dont know how to paste them here. Got also saved games and I am able to send it with correct password to the BTF staff.

FoW was extreme but the main rule is that dead body is a dead body in all CM games.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding of extreme FOW is that the information that you see may not be accurate unless you have someone standing on top of the spot that is being reported to you. Multiple kills of dead vehicles are quite common. I really wouldn't worry about it, unless I wasted a fire order on a corpse. And even then, that kind of thing happens in RL. Even if this were a bug (which I doubt) the chances of it getting patched are approximately nil at this point. So I would just learn to live with it, and realize that this is one of the many reasons why reports of enemy casualties are always inflated.

This game was different. It is possible that my opponent broke code of the game.

This tournament game was played by TCP, 2000ME. After the battle I bought his forces and it costs 2500 !! There wasnt any info about handicap, (yes, I am sure), I am too experienced player to miss it.

It seems that my adventure with CM is over.

Originally posted by Wiggins:

This game was different. It is possible that my opponent broke code of the game.

I don't think so! I've never heard about it (till i play Cm series - about 4 years). But _I'm sure_ there were similar topic year ago or later. Sbdy reported strange behaviour of CMBB. Units disapearing in movies or beeing zombie (once seen eliminated next turn he looks like still alive for the opponent). And there were some problem with points (I'm not sure, but he reported "unlimited" points for armour of his opponent or sth. He had many more tanks, than it was allowed at CA game). With every few new tours there were more and more strange beh's(TCP game). They posted the screenshot with sth like "immortal" T-34 that get 10 x 88 mm penetration (or sth... I don't remember :confused: )

Sbdy suggested the same - "Achtung! Game code broken! Red alert, red alert!" :D . But the reason was some kind of memory optimizer for Windows and virus resident in memory.

Please, both of You scan your computers for resident trojans, viruses couse it can sometimes affect TCP ports and/or connection and make that unnecessary "red alert" ;) And don't use memory optimizers (but buy more, more, more memory as Gates wish to :D:D ).

P.S. BUT If Your opponent broke the CM code in deed (so many was trying before with so few resoults tongue.gif ) , PLEASE give me his mail. I would love to work with such a talented dude :cool:

But how my opponnent did this that he had so many troops ??

Tell my how he did it if you are so wise and stop laughing, it is not so kind.

First of all - sorry for misunderstanding! I'm not laughing. I'm just a pragmatist (and better or worse programmer ;) - don't believe in braking game's code "just like that". Sorry if You take it personal, didn't mean it!

Back to that "extra troops". The point is, not "how HE did it" but "how did IT happen". In my opinion guilty will be some kind of trush stuff like troians, viruses or stupid memory optimizers. That **** resident in memory and sometimes can generate errors in TCP transfer.

CM binary informations in TCP mode are sending and received _really well coded_. Theoreticaly there is a way to cheat using PBEM game (got the file, lot of time, and should have "know-how"). But in TCP it is impossible or he is a genious (if so - why to cheat for win?).

Summary: in Your or his memory (or both of You) could be a resident program affecting TCP transfer (f.e. changing one byte for every thousand. This is much than enough to generate such strange errors as You reported). The worst are that ones which can dmg/destroy local files (so - viruses, not troians) couse that kind of stuff trying to control as much ports as possible (TCP's too).

BTW - don't You think that such kind of cheating (to buy much more troops than was allowed by points) is ... stupid? You can check it in few minutes and asta la vista baby - Your opponent will be banned, shamed and banished from community.

Originally posted by J_Powell:

I'm not sure, but he reported "unlimited" points for armour of his opponent or sth. He had many more tanks, than it was allowed at CA game

It is quite easy cheat: it is possible to set one side CA and the other unrestricted.

I am not interested in previous topics when somebody suspected his opponent lying, I got saves.

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Did you buy his troops at the same experience level?

Sure, I have played for this game over 3 years, and somebody said on this forum that I am probably "one of the 10 best ladder player" so lack of my basis knowledge about the game is not possible. :D

IMHO viruses cause "not working", I dont think they cause "wrong working" of the CM:BB.

My opponent is not able to buy this troops now and dont know how he did it before.

It seems that he bought unbelivable cheap troops for 2000 or he bought troops at normal price but with higher points limit.

Nevermind, forget about it. Maybe my favourite "BTF forum theoretician" will apear on this topic, will make 1237 tests and then he will say that is not possible and I was dreaming smile.gif

Originally posted by J_Powell:

Back to that "extra troops". The point is, not "how HE did it" but "how did IT happen".

OK, possible, I am Economist not Programmer.

However, he didnt tell me that he had more points for buying troops or that he had surprisengly cheap forces. He probably used situation ... Well, meybe not .. He looks like honourable player .. So how it is possible that it happened and he didnt know about it ??

Maybe somebody from BTF staff give a word or two ??

IMHO viruses cause "not working", I dont think they cause "wrong working" of the CM:BB.

Belive me. It is possible! I can write a resident "program" (some kind of troian) that will affect Your TCP connection (randomizing one of 10 000 send bytes) and f.e. destroy some *.dbf files. You will not see any difference in IE, mail programs, etc., but in CM (and other "every point is impotant" TCP games) You will see such a strange things as You wrote before (f.e. changing troops experience _after_ buying them, disapearing units, etc.). Every good TCP game sending/receive it's TCP data coded. So i can't plan what that "****ty resident" will change, but it will affect the transfer = "bugging" the game.

My opponent is not able to buy this troops now and dont know how he did it before. It seems that he bought unbelivable cheap troops for 2000 or he bought troops at normal price but with higher points limit.
Just in theory - is this possible, than he bough that troops with lower level experience (even green or conscript) for 2000 points? If yes, i will bet for 100 USD the reason of your problem is some kind of resident stuff (that changed experience or sth.)

BTW - try to "spy", if he remember what level of experience troops bough. And I'm really interested in how that topic will end!

I got file after the battle so I can show exact purchase.

ME 2000 CA, 01.45 region: north

1 coy airbornes reg

1 coy rifles 44h vet

1 coy rifles 44h reg

plt of 3 x t34/85 vet Polish

isu122 vet Russian

3 x m3 reg

2 x ba64 reg

5 x 82mm mortars reg

2 x 76inf gun vet

2 x 25 AA green

1 x spotter 120mm reg

2 x flame vet

1 x maxim reg

BTW: It was the draw after C-F, so I am not looking the explanation of being defeated :D

I did have a dead tank hunter toss a bomb and take out a tank. Search on "Strangest thing happened in CMBB" about last DEC (screen shots with the game clock). But he was only dead for 3 or 4 seconds before he chucked the AT boomb. It was explained away as the game is just an "extrapolation" and "interpolation" of real life. No cheating or hacking involved.

I got file after the battle so I can show exact purchase.

ME 2000 CA, 01.45 region: north

1 coy airbornes reg

"Hit the road again..." ;)

Wiggins - can get listed units without problems for 2000, but of course with reduced experience level (tested). So I'll be defending my "resident **** theory". And did You investigated your opponent?

Still looking forward beloved BF team's answer smile.gif . Please, put some light on this problem (and... answer my mail dudes - I really want old nick back tongue.gif ).

Well, if designers are not interested in solving problems with their old game (benefits have been gained), why I should worry about it ??

It has been proven yesterday in our ladder that this kind of cheating IS possible.

Got file 300ME, but have to forced against 15 T34. Theres no trace in brief or other parameters. Now I know it is possible - but dont tell now how to do this.

If designers are not interested in patching it ... they will have to do it with CMx2 one day after releasing ...

It has been proven yesterday in our ladder that this kind of cheating IS possible.

Got file 300ME, but have to forced against 15 T34. Theres no trace in brief or other parameters. Now I know it is possible - but dont tell now how to do this.

It's possible (and IMO not even very hard, but need lot of time) to cheat in PBEM mode. But in TCP? Hmm, more than interesting. Will write on priv, Wiggins.