Angry Faces, War Cries, Soddball Scenarios, and More... Maggot!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

merp

Hey, Teddy. I can't believe I've been listening to this station for almost two years and forgot to point it out.

Soma FM.

I mostly listen to Drone Zone (nice background for reading) but note the second most popular stream -- Secret Agent.

"The soundtrack for your stylish, mysterious, dangerous life. For Spies and P.I.'s too!" :cool:

Soma FM went under for a few months because of that fight by the recording industry to get massive royalties out of internet radio stations, which would have hit smaller stations much harder than big ones. Luckily they sorted it all out and it's back on the air! smile.gif

There are some really great stations out there. I listen to a few jazz ones and, of course, BBC Radio Scotland. Love some of those call in shows. Problems and complaints are the same the world over it seems. :D

Originally posted by Axe2121:

There are some really great stations out there. I listen to a few jazz ones and, of course, BBC Radio Scotland. Love some of those call in shows. Problems and complaints are the same the world over it seems. :D

Oh, well, of course you only listen to BBC Radio Scotland. I'll be it does you a lot of good letting you know about traffic problems in Toronto. :D

This surprised me when you wrote "Problems and complaints are the same the world over it seems." Does that mean the BBC Radio Scotland has Joe Sixpacks calling in from Waddy-Peytona Kentucky wondering what 6'4" seventh-grade point guard the UK Wildcats are recruiting? I'm telling you, there are some frightening people around here! :eek:

Shosties, do you want to try to pry Soddball's new snow scenario out of his cold drunk fingers? He won't let me have it. Something about me doing too much complaining about his absolutely brilliant scenarios, which I can only wish I had created myself. :D

Prinz Eugen, if you don't stop playing that "other" game and send a turn, my Russian defenders will die of old age.

Originally posted by Dave H:

Oh, well, of course you only listen to BBC Radio Scotland. I'll be it does you a lot of good letting you know about traffic problems in Toronto. :D

This surprised me when you wrote "Problems and complaints are the same the world over it seems." Does that mean the BBC Radio Scotland has Joe Sixpacks calling in from Waddy-Peytona Kentucky wondering what 6'4" seventh-grade point guard the UK Wildcats are recruiting? I'm telling you, there are some frightening people around here

Eh, I don't live in T.O. I'm about half an hour north (Bradford) and work (Alliston) about the same distance due west from my home.

As for traffic in T.O -- this just in -- it sucks 24/7. Blech. To be avoided at all costs. We take the long way around when we go to Paula's parents' house in Belleville. (I just like passing the Hi-Hopes Farm on the way to get fresh baked blueberry and pumpkin pies) Can't get pie like that on the 401!

And as for the call in show I listen to from Scotland -- the two biggest complaints I hear are about taxes and elected officials. What a co-incidence! Same in our neck o' the woods. :D I avoid sports radio like I avoid letting Mike buy his forces.

Do you think MG has been arrested yet? Let's all hope the border officials do their duty and give him a "thorough" search.

Maggots. All of ya. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jas :mad: n

Well now, my mailbox seems to be filled to the brim with a festering heap of failure:

Robohn - Gee, those were nice new tanks. Hope they like their new 75mm ventalation holes.

Shosties - Went the cheap route with his forces and now flooding my front lines with hords of Russian conscripts. The gamey bastage is using real world tacitcs. :mad:

P.S. That SU-76 blowed up real good though...

P.S.S On a serious note, thanks for the concern Dave H, but the problems I have will be with me till the day I die*. Heck, seems like everybody I know has some rather bad medical probems.

*When the first words out of the Doctor's mouth are "Whoa", you know you have problems.

Originally posted by Dave H:

Shosties, do you want to try to pry Soddball's new snow scenario out of his cold drunk fingers? He won't let me have it. Something about me doing too much complaining about his absolutely brilliant scenarios, which I can only wish I had created myself. :D

If Da Sodd wishes to be so intractable, I propose we get one of Nippy's maps and do our own purchases. You do have a "railyard" map you are playing against Robohn right now, Nippy?

Originally posted by Nippy:

Shosties - Went the cheap route with his forces and now flooding my front lines with hords of Russian conscripts. The gamey bastage is using real world tacitcs. :mad:

P.S. Your PTRD teams really suck! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh yeah, I brought a whole rifle battalion to this little party! And you get a PTRD platoon with that. :D

Originally posted by Shosties4th:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nippy:

Oh yeah, I brought a whole rifle battalion to this little party! And you get a PTRD platoon with that. :D </font>

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Hey, Teddy. I can't believe I've been listening to this station for almost two years and forgot to point it out.

"The soundtrack for your stylish, mysterious, dangerous life. For Spies and P.I.'s too!" really sounds rather groovy.

When I grow weary of my Schifrin and Barry soundtracks, or Duane's twangin' gee-tar, I'll check it out.

Apologies for my complete lack of turn-sending last night ... I was mourning Timmy's heroic defeat. I'll endeavour to do better today.

Chin chin,

Teddy

I too have to apologise for letting down the English contingent on the ol' turn sending front last night. Issues in Real Life conspired to prevent me from getting them sent out. :mad: As with Teddy I should hopefully get them sorted tonight.

And to our friends on the other side of the pond Happy 4th! :D

GARGARGHahAHRHGARHAGRAHRAHARG.

Turns out to all Maggots.

I'm looking forward (coff coff choke) to AAR's on Forward Recon, Friggin Chilly in Finistere, and Cheery Waffles v2 - although I haven't yet launched the last one. I was playtesting it myself this morning and I believe that the force balance and terrain wossnames have been improved no end. At least, I was playing as Axis and I offered fisting pleasure to the Allies over 20 turns of flaming crazy death before I had to come to work. :mad: :mad:

If I owe you a turn, it's because you haven't sent me one. Get on with it. :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Nippy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shosties4th:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nippy:

Oh yeah, I brought a whole rifle battalion to this little party! And you get a PTRD platoon with that. :D </font>

4th of July PTRD Blow Out!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Soviet Antitank Rifles

DESTROY FASCIST TANKS WITH THE ANTITANK RIFLE!

As an antitank rifleman you have been handed by the Soviet people a powerful means for the destruction of fascist tanks-the antitank rifle.

In order to accomplish this task with honor, you must know your weapon to perfection, adroitly and cleverly employ it, skillfully employ the terrain, know the enemy's strong and weak points, precisely execute the mission assigned to you by the commander, and operate in cooperation with your comrades.

[ July 04, 2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Shosties4th ]

Act now, don't delay! You too can join the glorious hordes storming the gates of Berlin with your shiny new AT rifle!

Where's the 1-800 number?

Jas :mad: n

Who was it that had "This machine kills fascists" written on his guitar — Woody Guthrie?

Where's the 1-800 number?

1-800-PTRDownage

Heck, the 14.5mm round still lives on today in the HMGS mounted in the early BRT and BRDM series.

Ah yes, Battlefield.ru. I so love that site.

P.S. Sh*ties4th and Slobergnome, couldn't you fellows manage at least one turn before gorging yourself on Freedom Fries and cheap beer. :mad:

(Unless you guys live in Europe, in which case you have even less of an excuse to withhold turns...maggots. :mad: )

Nippy I'm surprised you did not mention to the world the ingnominous loss of my SU-76 to a single burst of MG42 fire from 250 meters. That really blew (considering it was my last armored vehicle, and the 3 T-34/85s did jack crap). I can only be proud of my few Pioneers that are now occupying German trenches. However, I don't think they'll ever want to move out of the trench to continue to the objective.... :mad:

That's what you get for buying expensive tanks, Robohn. :D

You should have followed Shosties4th's lead and bought A WHOLE F'N COMPANY OF SU-76!!!!! :mad: :mad:

*Nippy watches latest turn*

On second thought, hold those "mad" emotes and double the shnaps ration to that 81mm mortar crew. Open top tanks and tree bursts make for a wonderful 4th of July display. :cool:

[ July 05, 2003, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Nippy ]