Angry Faces, War Cries, Soddball Scenarios, and More... Maggot!

Crow and I have just started our scenario, which is named Counter Intelligence. My German commandos are attacking his Russians. Unlike Soddball's Kneiber Dam, this takes place in daylight.

I play tested Counter Intelligence as the Germans vs AI. It'a fun little battle to say the least.

However, the main reason I'm here is to give a quick update on the festering pile of failure called Axe2121, who has managed to lose yet another Uber-Kitty to the might of the Red Army. I think that puts our AFV loss ratio at 7 to 0.5

Edit: or...our...ARARARARARARARARARA :mad: :mad:

Edit #2: I'll give him 0.25 for the one tank he was able to gun damage and 0.25 for the T-34 that bogged for a few turns. So far he's neck and neck with nature for how many losses he has inflicted.

[ June 28, 2003, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Nippy ]

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nippy:

So far he's neck and neck with nature for how many losses he has inflicted.

Woo hoo!! Neck and neck with Mother Nature. She's, like, totally hot!! And red in tooth and claw too!! </font>

Time to bump this thread back to the top with a daily battle report:

Axe2121 - Just got an entire rifle platoon BBQed after an OT-34 caught them playing in the street.

Robohn - Call Mulder and Scully! Aliens have abducted Robohn and repalced his brain with the CMBB AI! How else could you explain leading an infantry charge with an Artillary FO?

Shosties4th - We both seem to know what we are doing. Man, this one is going to get ugly.

Edit: I forgot the :mad:

[ June 30, 2003, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: Nippy ]

I'm here this fine morning to report a miracle. I have seen one of WallyBob's Tigers explode from a well-chucked Russian demo charge. I may have to save this turn for a long time, because I have never seen a Tiger blow up before. Gotta tell you, it was well worth the pioneer casualties taken in the resulting explosion. ;)

Other news: Received a turn from Prinz Eugen over the weekend. It turns out he is spending most of his summer computer time playing Medieval:Total War (the maggot). Our game may be delayed until he gets back to school and gets over this summer infatuation. :D

Crow's Russians are slowing my German commandos. Since the scenario is only 18 turns, will I have time to accomplish the objectives? He seems to be enjoying PBEM, so the rest of you gamey maggots get ready for another opponent. Oh, I have discovered he took his member name from the Crow of the comic books and movies, not the robot Crow of MST3K. What a relief! :cool:

Stalin's Organ is enjoying the cold air which blows directly from Antarctica to New Zealand this time of year. Our scenario is pretty much past the "my dug-in KV shoots all your trucks" stage, and I'm finally slowing his escape route off the map. Will it be enough to slow the flight of his Russians? Having to cross a bridge to get away is pretty tough. :eek:

Teddy Windsor and I finally made contact with our infantry in Cheery Waffle. I think he wants my Germans to get out of town. That won't be happening any time soon. We'll level the town first. tongue.gif

MasterGoodale was again AWOL over the weekend. What a shock! Since he set this battle up as a 45+ turn epic, I expect to finish it sometime in the next couple of years. :rolleyes:

Soddball is over in the GF starting political threads like some kind of America-bashing, pinko, liberal Englishman. :D Next thing you know the forum police will be following him back to this refuge from the nastiness of the GF. GRRRR!!!! :mad:

Slow weekend. As slow as the freaks in this thread.

Keke and I have finished the first battle of The Beginning of the End operation. TNT levels are starting to rise. :mad:

Mike is still cowering in the woods somewhere. We're on, like, turn 20 or something and I have had NO contacts whatsoever. And there are a lot of open fields too. I think he's been taking ubertroop lessons from Keke. :mad:

Nippy continues to stomp my troops in Cheery Waffles. Blech. :mad:

Nufink from Prinz Eugen in a while. Get to it my fine Finnish f®iend! :mad:

Shosties4th mentioned something this weekend about a "day off" CM. His loss of a platoon of MKIVs may have had something to do with it.

Teddy's "sausage fingers" caused him to type in the wrong password, necessitating a redo of our setup. The maggot is afraid, methinks.

Last, and certainly least, MasterGooodale has once again disappeared into his lair of mold and ants. What a douchebag. :mad:

Canada Day tomorrow, so lots of time for turns and Solzhenitsyn's August, 1914. smile.gif

Jas :mad: n

Edited to add: Soddball — where's my Numb Nads in Novogrodsky scenario? :mad:

[ June 30, 2003, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Axe2121 ]

Soddball is over in the GF starting political threads like some kind of America-bashing, pinko, liberal Englishman. :D Next thing you know the forum police will be following him back to this refuge from the nastiness of the GF. GRRRR!!!! :mad:

*Coming Soon to a theater near you.*

Tagline: Just when you thought it was safe to post.

It came from the General Forum!

Thrill as an Israeli and a Palestinian debate gun control and abortion while smoking medicinal marijuana and driving over endangered species with their electric powered car while they are on their way to the store to pick up copies of "GI Combat" and "The Forgotten Soldier"

Starring: Frunze, William Amos, Sulla, and many, many more!

Pre-order tickets now to receive a free complementary picture of George "Dubya" Bush Jr. with a Hilteresk mustache we crudely drew on his face with a magic marker.

-------------------------------------------------

I can all ready see the sequal: "Lord of the Flames: The Double Posts"

Heck, I've managed to turn the "Not a game?" thread here in the CMBB forum into WWIIOL flame fest in the making.

More of my peverse humor to come later...

Originally posted by DaveH:

Crow's Russians are slowing my German commandos. Since the scenario is only 18 turns, will I have time to accomplish the objectives? He seems to be enjoying PBEM, so the rest of you gamey maggots get ready for another opponent.

I expect your sneaky commandos will have a good crack at making it to the objective in time! :mad:

I am enjoying my first taste of the PBEM cherry. I'm looking forward to playing a few more of you as I struggle to improve my skills :D I'm going to work up slowly to several PBEM games at a time while still playing some games against the AI. Axe2121 are you still planning on mugging me in a PBEM sometime soon?

And Nippy 'lord of the flame'.... Your tail is on fire! :eek:

Turns out to the maggots Prinz Eugen, Axe2121, Nippy, and Keke.

I also have a game starting up with BadgerDog though I doubt he'll be joining in on the trash talk here. Gave him an invite though. He trained on M4A3E8's back in the 1960's!! :eek: :cool:

Great satire there, Nippy. Though things have definately calmed down in the GF compared to this past fall once the Iraq drumbeat got going.

I vaugely remember seeing an Easy Eight in a black and white photo from the Korean War with that same paint job. The commander of that tank was probably as whacked out as Donald Sutherland's character in Kelly's Heroes!

BadgerDog is Canadian. Maybe you can get an interesting interview from him, Jason? ;)

[ June 30, 2003, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Shosties4th ]

I'll probably get the hell slagged out of me for bringing this up, but wouldn't the most appropriate place for this thread be the English-speaking Opponent Finders Forum?

If we moved over there (yeah, counting on collective decision making by this bunch...) and made it clear this is the less exclusive of the challenge threads we might get an influx of fresh, juicy maggots with WW2OL tactical abilities to whomp on. ;):D I mean :mad:

Originally posted by Shosties4th:

I'll probably get the hell slagged out of me for bringing this up, but wouldn't the most appropriate place for this thread be the English-speaking Opponent Finders Forum?

If we moved over there (yeah, counting on collective decision making by this bunch...) and made it clear this is the less exclusive of the challenge threads we might get an influx of fresh, juicy maggots with WW2OL tactical abilities to whomp on. ;):D I mean :mad:

You know, that's a good idea. Someplace where we put some distance between ourselves and that "other" challenge thread sounds great to me. Do you think BFC will mind if we make a change to another forum? :confused:

It is always fun to play against somebody who is used to successful tactics from other games, for instance, leading attacks with your best armor. I'd say just like the maggot MasterGoodale, but I'm afraid he's wised up lately. GRRRR!!!! :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by DaveH

It is always fun to play against somebody who is used to successful tactics from other games, for instance, leading attacks with your best armor.

*begins furiously scribbling notes down* :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ha! If it takes MasterGoodale upwards of a dozen posts to find each new thread, how long do you think it'll take him to find one in a completely different forum?

I don't care one way or another. As long as there are plenty of maggots to roast, humiliate and denegrate, I'm happy as Mike_the_wino up to his eyeballs in a cask.

[ June 30, 2003, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Axe2121 ]

Tch. Nonces. Who the hell would spit and curse our very existence if we were in the Opponent Finder forum? That's like going out and buying an Aston Martin Vanquish and then parking it under a tree where birds roost every night. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I fought like a bidj for promotion to the main forum. :mad:

MasterGoodael - Honorable GrandMaster TNT Chucker and Maggot Trainer will be away on Angryation from Tuesday through Sunday :mad:

That's right puss sacks! I'm gonna leave you foul pile of **** beetles to wallow in the dung that spews from your ****-speckled little maggot mouths and I hope to return to find you all dead from **** inhalation!!!! :mad: :mad:

I'll get my last bacthes of turns out tonight and tomorrow morning since I reckon I might as well leave you all with a whole can a misery while I'm sucking down Coronas, swimming, eating 4 pound Maine Lobsters, steamer clams, tons of s'mores, hamburgers, hot dogs, you get the picture you dim-whitted bags of skunk vomit! :mad:

You all suck, and that's why I'm beating you. :mad: Well, with the exception of Keke and Snarker. Gamey maggots. :mad:

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

MasterGoodael - Honorable GrandMaster TNT Chucker and Maggot Trainer will be away on Angryation from Tuesday through Sunday

And how will that differ from your usual turn rate? :rolleyes:

At least when I go on vacation next week, my opponents will be able to tell the difference. :mad:

(edited to add: you spelled your own name wrong, ya idjit)

[ June 30, 2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Axe2121 ]

WTF?!?!? I would sooner move to Fresno, CA than move to the Opponent Finder forum. I have experienced "opponent leakage" more than I care to. "Opponent leakage" is the condition where a maggot is so feckin overwhelmed and defeated that the sackless twit bails out on a game before that game is finished. I am sick of the piles of stool coming in and crowing about how k3w1 they are and then rnning like girls when tactics AND gameyness kick their yarbles through their dome.

I vote NYET and NEIN for the move, maggot.

OK, looks like the MasterGoodale challenge will not go the way of an Aston Martin Vanquish parked under a bird-frequented tree at night in Fresno, CA. :mad: Forget I mentioned the idea.

EDITED cause I can't keep those obscure English auto manufacturer and model names straight (this from someone who habitually read Road and Track in his teens)... oh well, who cares, they're all owned by FORD anyhow! tongue.gif

[ June 30, 2003, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Shosties4th ]

OK, looks like the MasterGoodale challenge will not go the way of an Aston Martin Vengeance parked under a bird-frequented tree at night in Fresno, CA. :mad: Forget I mentioned the idea.

EDITED cause I can't keep those obscure English auto manufacturer names straight (this from someone who habitually read Road and Track in his teens)... oh well, who cares, they're all owned by FORD anyhow! tongue.gif

Vanquish, mong. :mad:

So what if they're owned by Ford. I used to work for Ford. It means that I get a discount when, in 2 years time (when it's released), I go shopping for this:

pic1_800.jpg

Hubba Hubba. 60 Grand's worth of pure automotive heaven - and a beaver magnet to boot. :mad: I'll sell my own PBEM opponents to own it.

Incidentally, my game against MasterGoodale has now been running for 6 months and I am trying to decide whether this is the time to call upon The Brood and declare MasterGoodale a No-Turn-Sending-Pus-Monkey. 6 Months for a 40-turn game? WTF!!

Stop depressing me with pictures of vehicles I can't afford. Why don't you use your creative energy and SEND ME THAT SCENARIO YOU LIME-SUCKING, BEEF-WELLINGTON EATING, GIN-GUZZLING FREAK!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ah. I feel so much better.

For what's it's worth, you win. MasterGoodale chomps.

So it is written, so it shall be done.