New Scenario - Tankovyi Desant

Originally posted by JasonC:

Ever going to make any scenarios slightly smaller than the Ukraine involving less than 10000 points?

It is remarks like these which are so typical of you, Jason. Instead of requesting that George make a smaller scenario in above manner, you could say, "George, do you have any scenarios smaller than this one that I might try?" You see the difference? Probably not.

George puts a lot of effort and innovation into his work. I mean, who else would have thought to simulate an air liaison officer with an arty spotter? Such arbitrary comments anger me when someone is sharing his work with the other members of this forum.

Posting links to new scenarios designed by you would be a great way to contribute to the CM community and help your reputation at the same time. I don't think you really care, though. I think you enjoy the attention your remarks draw.

PC - exactly, you are talking about the past, not anything in this thread, and can't get over it. Nothing I've done or said here has anything to do with what you are bothered about. Talk about CM once a month, you will feel better.

Shmavis - no I really don't see any appreciably difference. I think my colorful language is wittier than your dry pieties, naturally, that's why I picked my words and didn't hire it out to you. But the content is precisely the same.

Originally posted by Shmavis:

George puts a lot of effort and innovation into his work. I mean, who else would have thought to simulate an air liaison officer with an arty spotter?[/QB]

Back to topic. Indeed, this also struck me as very clever. Simplicity itself, but who would have thought of it? Another aspect of his scenarios is that he sticks to the historical reality, but manages somehow to keep them in balance and playable. Don't underestimate the time and energy that must take!

PC - exactly, you are talking about the past, not anything in this thread, and can't get over it. Nothing I've done or said here has anything to do with what you are bothered about. Talk about CM once a month, you will feel better.

Jason you seem confused...you asked, " PC - since everybody and his brother seems to want to make this something about me, for unfathomable reasons..."

I was simply supplying the answer. It seems that it's all about the content doesn't it??!! :D

Ever going to make any scenarios slightly smaller than the Ukraine involving less than 10000 points? I appreciate the work and the interest in the question, I'm interested in it too. But I can't play it, it is too frickin big by an order of magnitude.

He! He! That's how we like em in Scotland ;)

I guess the actual scenarios are large due to the nature of the terrain and the actual unit. I've produced smaller scenarios which are easier on the old processor. If you like I can email you them (also sent you an email by the ways).

With regard to the other comments in this thread. Many thanks to all those who expressed support for the scenarios and for my own efforts - never knew there was that level of support for what I, or Charlie my co-author do. It's nice to be loved :D

For the record I did'nt take offence at JasonC's comments, in fact it is a comment a lot of people have made. But as Panther Commander says we all make scenarios for our own reasons - Both Charlie and I just happen to like doing biggies :D Lots of other designers do create smaller ones so i guess there is something for everyone. Mind variety keeps the gene pool healthy, and I should know living in the Highlands of Scotland ;)

I also happen to like JasonCs training scenarios and have had my head handed to several times! smile.gif

Cheers fur noo

George

I have played the scenario and it is great.

One comment only. I played as axis and it took some time for the AI opponent to make an appearance. Maybe an easier way for the soviet forces to enter the battlefield would help this shortcoming.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks

Originally posted by spartan1:

I have played the scenario and it is great.

One comment only. I played as axis and it took some time for the AI opponent to make an appearance. Maybe an easier way for the soviet forces to enter the battlefield would help this shortcoming.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks

Hi Spartan 1

Thanks for playing this and equally pleased you enjoyed it.

Regrading the slowness of the AI attacker. That's an AI/game engine issue I'm afraid. The AI is not the best of attackers although in this scenario that slow cautious approach it uses works realistically. Mind the Soviets are pushing deep into the German rear area so are expecting trouble at every turn.

However, in this scenario, as the German player Vs Soviet AI (or indeed as either side in H2H) you really do need to go looking for the AI (enemy) and find out where the attack is coming from.

It can be a slow burner but sitting tight and waiting for the AI to appear is not what this is about. I guess the main aim was to compare how German and Sovier recce units operated and their respective strength and weaknesses.

In that respect the German player needs to go out and recce. By doing this you do make contact with the AI and stand a better chance of stalling the attack. That's another reason there are so many turns for when playing the AI due to it's slow and cautious approach. When playing H2H this is not a problem in the playtesting I've done :D

Thanks agin for playing the scenario and glad you enjoyed it smile.gif

Cheers fur noo

George Mc

However, in this scenario, as the German player Vs Soviet AI (or indeed as either side in H2H) you really do need to go looking for the AI (enemy) and find out where the attack is coming from.

It can be a slow burner but sitting tight and waiting for the AI to appear is not what this is about. I guess the main aim was to compare how German and Sovier recce units operated and their respective strength and weaknesses.

Cheers fur noo

George Mc [/QB]

Well I did that just waiting and see the AI, not the coorect thing to do I guess. In any case it was wonderful scenario worth of playing

Originally posted by spartan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />....

Cheers fur noo

George Mc

Well I did that just waiting and see the AI, not the coorect thing to do I guess. In any case it was wonderful scenario worth of playing [/QB]</font>