Cant get the activate flag option to work?

Originally posted by legend42:

Any help would be appreciated,to select between bogus and real flags,I goto the highest ranking co,but activate flag option is not there, i have 1.03

Maybe it does not work on QBs loading premade maps? I made sure that the premade maps had "user select", but it still did not work.

1.02 CDV.

Gruß

Joachim

Has anyone ever tried this before? I always want to try this out but forget to do so.

So for the defender only the 'real' flags are shown once the battle begins, but the attacker sees all flags? Do the victory percentages give away once you have taken a flag? {if it was a fake flag, your percent would not change, a real flag would increase your percent}

Chad

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

So for the defender only the 'real' flags are shown once the battle begins, but the attacker sees all flags?

No, it's the attacker who defines which is the real objective and the defender who doesn't know what the attacker is aiming for. There are 2-4 flags, out of which only one is real and others are bogus.

A situation where the attacker is trying to take the objective that the defender is defending, but doesn't know which one it is yet they both know what options the attacker has, would be interesting... smile.gif

I just did a test; v1.03c(beta) using a '41 German Infantry Battalion setup versus a Soviet Infantry Company. 4 Dynamic flags. I selected the German Battalion HQ and used the (Oops, forgot the command) appropriate command to change each of the "Bogus" flags into the objective, individually, in turn. All this in the "Setup" phase. It seems to work correctly.

Edited to add:

The command is "Activate Flag".

I did an additional test using two independent German Infantry Companies. (To see if there would be a problem with two co-equal highest HQ's.) Either/both of the two company HQ's were able to "Activate Flag". Again, I did not note the problems the others have had.

Both tests were "Axis Attack".

Ken

[ May 27, 2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: c3k ]

Joachim,

I jumped into the scenario editor and made it a, eh, scenario.

I've just tried repeatedly to create a Quick Battle with a Dynamic Flag option. I don't see how that can be done. In fact, I don't see any way to have ANY control over flag numbers or points in the Quick Battle creation process. (It seems to be based on the map size and/or unit point selection and scenario type. All controlled internally by the creator.)

The scenario editor lets you pick the number and point value of flags. Within that system you can select the "Dynamic Flag" option.

Have you used the Quick Battle creator to create a battle with Dynamic Flags? If so, how?

Thanks,

Ken

edited because I need to relearn my punctuation rules. smile.gif

[ May 27, 2003, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: c3k ]

Visom,

Thank you. I just did that and found that, indeed, I cannot select my objective flag.

So, if you create a map in the scenario editor with the "Dynamic Flag" option and then import that map into a Quick Battle, you cannot use your HQ to select your objective flag.

BFC - any chance a tweak for this could go into the final patch?

Ken

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

So for the defender only the 'real' flags are shown once the battle begins, but the attacker sees all flags?

No, it's the attacker who defines which is the real objective and the defender who doesn't know what the attacker is aiming for. There are 2-4 flags, out of which only one is real and others are bogus.

</font>

Actually, they do not become static flags. I did a QB with a Biltong map. I could not pick my victory flag from what should have been three choices. When the game starts, the other two flags remain "bogus" and the real flag was worth 900 pts.

Originally posted by Snarker:

Actually, they do not become static flags. I did a QB with a Biltong map. I could not pick my victory flag from what should have been three choices. When the game starts, the other two flags remain "bogus" and the real flag was worth 900 pts.

Well, that was how I stumbled across the problem. Exactly the same behaviour over here. I can live with the "bug", but I was a bit frustrated that I was too dumb to find out how it works ;) .

Gruß

Joachim