CMBB Tank Graphics

Hello all players of CMBB. I have been playing the game with a fuze (yes, with a "z") engineer, as I am, from Picatinny Arsenal, Dover , NJ every week for years. We both started with CMBO, and tried CMAK, but dramatically prefer CMBB. I am a WWII buff since a kid in the 50's and have nearly every tank reference ever published. Well, two nights ago, after a pure armor session, I decided to do several quick battles, one on one with a major axis vs allied tank in clear flat terrain, just to see the results.

Well the Jagdpanther did in the Su-100, the Jagdtiger mashed a Js-II. The Jagdtiger also nailed a single JS III. For as long as I have been playing CMBB (since it came out), I have never had an opportunity to to even see a JS-III. After maybe 3 years I have finally seen the graphics for the JS-III. For the first time ever I got annoyed with Battlefront (other than Strategic Command 2 being late) because what is displayed is sure as hell not a JS-III. The JS-III has the "pike" hull front and a large inverted "soup bowl " turret!!! I know Battlefront has nothing better to do, so fix the graphics for the JS-III please. I am frustrated waiting for the next Combat Mission and otherwise have nothing to complain about such a magnificent company.

You might as well get used to the idea that what you are seeing is what you will have.

BFC has said they are done with this game and done making any changes to it after the last patch was released for CMBB.So they will not make any changes the graphics for the tank.

Besides they have bigger and better things to do with their time.Like working on the new CMx2 engine and game.

The late-war T-44 shares graphics with the T34-85, too. And I think there's also some German tank... ah yes, an early war Czech medium tank (Pz35T?) shares graphics with the Pz38T.

Basically, they explain it this way. They ran out of room on the disk! I believe they had a JS-3 polygon all designed too. Since the art couldn't fit, they had to decide - to include the tanks but not the polygons or to drop the tanks.

Same problem with CMAK. They simply couldn't squeeze that Churchill MkI (or was it MkII?) polygon on the disk.

You see, IS-3 not having served in WW2 is a low priority, so it uses the graphics of IS-2. Similarly, Pz-I uses the graphics of Pz-II
Thats only two of several of those little visual screw-ups, there is also a German 20mm gunned HT thats is represented by a regular MG gunned HT.

The Finnish BT42 is represented by a BT7, the three French tanks are depicted with the visual I believe of the H35.

The Russian SU76i is depicted with the stugIII-F graphic visual.

The Czech built German Pz35 and Romanian R2 depicted as the Czech built Pz38.

Etc, etc.

Thats the way it is, live with it. tongue.gif

Originally posted by Polish Prince:

Busily working designing fuzes for military ordnance for 37 years and playing wargames for the same amount of time. Do you know what a fuze is?

Oh oh ! Keep cool Mr Prince ! There was no offense at all... ...have you notice that graemlin ( tongue.gif ) in my post ? Is it the fuze-designing that make you so "susceptible" ?

And, for your information, I know what is a fuze.

Ok then, just for my pleasure, let's add some more ! tongue.giftongue.gif;):D

Originally posted by Polish Prince:

According to Zaloga/Grandsen (Soviet Tanks and Combat Vehicles of WWII) and Bean/Fowler (Russian Tanks of WWII) the JS-III first production models appeared in the early months of 1945, and it was reported that some saw action towards the end of fighting in Berlin.

But there is no proof for that (them seeing action in Europe). According to battlefield.ru,

The first test group of IS-3's left the factory gates in mid-May 1945. Despite western opinion (usually I hear about IS-3's seen on the streets of Vienna), IS-3 tanks weren't involved in battles on the Eastern Front. The participation of IS-3's in Far Eastern Front battles (in August 1945) is still unverified: at least one tank regiment of IS-3 tanks was sent, but Soviet combat records don't confirm any actual combat.

Originally posted by Bogdan:

The eternal rumour about the effective engagement about the IS-3 in western Europe... No proof in favor yet !

Axis History Forum topic about the IS-3

Sources even lack about the Manchuria campaign !

That would be one hell of a match-up, though, wouldn't it -- IS-3s against Chi-Has. Dammit, give the Kwantung Army Shinhoto Chi-Has, see if the Sovs even notice the improvement in gun power.

Also, massive arty preparation by 122 and 152mm artillery, and the correlation of forces the Sovs would normally use for a breakthrough.

Who wants to play the Japanese?

All the best,

John.