Appear Neither Void Nor Empty In the Sight or Presence of the Peng Challenge

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Nidan1:

I call upon my Leige Boo_Radley for guidance in these troubled times. Where do we stand oh Booness? I am just a Squire and as such cannot decide where to place my fealty in this matter. (Although drawing Fair Emma's bath seems like a good place )

I have sent a set-up to Meeks (spelt no bolded until everything shakes out), which I expect him to ignore, but beyond that, I don't know what to do. Please guide me Knight Boo . My fellow Squire Lurker is also among the missing these many weeks, we need a ruling here,

I throw down the red bean-bag of review, What are we to do?

Try reading the 10th post on page 7 of this thread. That is, if your lips aren't too tired.

Squires...

Originally posted by Nidan1:

I call upon my Leige Boo_Radley for guidance in these troubled times. Where do we stand oh Booness?

"I, Boo Radley of House Morse-Croda-Whatever do pledge my sword and shield and likewise my two squires, Nidan1 and Lurker, (which, truth be told, are two of the best specimens of cannon fodder you're ever likely to run up against.

We will stand, or hang (Down, Bauhaus!) with you."

Originally posted by Vadr:

Of course I shall be more proficient, as befits a servant of the Shavian House. I am available to help with hard-to-reach places, etc.

At your whim Lady...

Excellent... A serf/ Squire who is prepared to dust the top of the cupboards.

Thanks Vadr, I'll give you a shout when the ceiling needs a new coat of paint.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

you can't buy that kind of loyalty.

Yes you can. We remain at your service. Or, indeed, anyones service for a price.

There is actually something you could do that would work you know. Move, counter-move.

OGSF has given you a clue. But since he's an incoherent babbling maniac that just isn't much help, is it? So I'll spell it out for you.

You have to bring him back. Custer. Aka

Mark IV

He is the counterpoint.

That is all. Our fees remain,

The Old Firm

Crikey, it looks like all the boring, lowly run of the mill, everyday type kinnigets are lining up behind the Justicar (not surprising, bloody useless lot they are anyway).

As for the senior kinnniget OGSF, methinks his sporran has cut off circulation to his brain, or whatever he thinks with.

The lords and old ones Peng, Seanachai and Berli are the soul of the MBT. The coronation of his most RH, Meeks is their idea. Hence my sword and that of house Mace is with HRH Meeksy.

Now, Sir Simon, I expect you to go deal with this riff raff and put down this revolt immediately *shoves Simon forward*

Mace

It will be my pleasure Madam...(also, it'll make a nice break from the Stables, I am nothing if not appreciative)

The rest of you wanna-be apple-polishers; take Notes!

Fine, fine lad, just so long as it doesn't distract you from your Squirely duties to the Shavian House.

Speaking of that, let's get things rolling with a small paper shall we? Nothing too large or weighty for your first time, have to establish a baseline of competency you know ... hmmmm ... how about:

Seanachai, Sellout or Turncoat?

Eight pages, double spaced, 12 point font. Won't need a PowerPoint on this one.

Oh and I'll want a fight song for the lads, something along the lines of "Who Wouldna Fit for Charlie" ... talk to Sir OGSF. The Clans are gathering you know, storm clouds on the horizon and we must have a fight song.

WHO STANDS FOR THE CESSPOOL?

Shavian House

Clan OGSF

Boo_Radley House

Anyone I've missed?

Joe

Originally posted by Mace:

The lords and old ones Peng, Seanachai and Berli are the soul of the MBT. The coronation of his most RH, Meeks is their idea. Hence my sword and that of house Mace is with HRH Meeksy.

Mace

Ah widnae expaict anythun more fraim a knobbly-kneed sheep-shagger! At seems fittin' tha tha leerin' preverts o' tha 'Pool are supportin' tha ring-in Pretender.

Just tae see ye weep wi' tha realizashun tha' ye are a cloth-eared pillock o' ootstandin' order, Ah point oot tae ye tha' ye premise aboot "tha soul o' tha MBT" as complete an' utter ****e. Tha soul o' tha MBT as tha history an' tradishuns, tha taunt, tha challenge, tha "Us agin Thaim" wi' tha Ooterboards. At's noo three drunken farts sniggerin' on tha sofa tagaither.

Sae, tha Crow Eaters an' tha Mexicans hae thrown ain wi' tha Userper an' Pretender! Let's hope tha Sandgropers an' Banana Benders hae more sainse o' Honour!

Die Justicar decreed:

Seanachai, Sellout or Turncoat?
[Mole]

Oh, it will be my pleeaaazzzuurre

[/mole]

In fact, Lord Champion I have been cogitating on the role of the Storyteller in the present farce this very eve and so have a wealth of material at hand. I shall post the directed missive on the 'morrow, as it is my birthday (yes, I know you don't give a hoot) and I am, at present, more than a little inebriated.

I can probably work out a nice, motivating and inspiring anthem as well. I will begin research immediately...err...in the morning (hung-over).

To those who would Stand against the Sacred Traditions of the Cess*, I say to you: Sod Orf, Maggots!

*I'm not sure what all those are yet, but if you stand in opposition to them, I'm agin' ya. See Old Joe for clarification of my position.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by OGSF:

Wha' aboot tha raist o' ye gutless toady bastarrrds? Wi' ye noo stand wi' tha Clan OGSF an' tha Hoose Shavian??

I, Boo Radley of House Morse-Croda-Whatever do pledge my sword and shield and likewise my two squires, Nidan1 and Lurker, (which, truth be told, are two of the best specimens of cannon fodder you're ever likely to run up against.

We will stand, or hang (Down, Bauhaus!) with you.</font>

Die Justicar decreed:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Seanachai, Sellout or Turncoat?

[Mole]

Oh, it will be my pleeaaazzzuurre

[/mole]

In fact, Lord Champion I have been cogitating on the role of the Storyteller in the present farce this very eve and so have a wealth of material at hand. I shall post the directed missive on the 'morrow, as it is my birthday (yes, I know you don't give a hoot) and I am, at present, more than a little inebriated.

I can probably work out a nice, motivating and inspiring anthem as well. I will begin research immediately...err...in the morning (hung-over).

To those who would Stand against the Sacred Traditions of the Cess*, I say to you: Sod Orf, Maggots!

*I'm not sure what all those are yet, but if you stand in opposition to them, I'm agin' ya. See Old Joe for clarification of my position.</font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Peng ... is not here. Hasn't been for some time.

I STAND FOR THE CESSPOOL!

Joe

Alrighty Joe. Peng here. Sit down.

SHUT UP.

Meeks is the bloody king and there isn't a bloomin thing you can do aboot it so just stuff a banana or two in your gob and shut the hell up. Really. Seriously. Shut up. Now. Shut. Up. Joe.

Oh and another thing. SHUT UP!

By the way, I would also admonish you to shut your pie hole.

And I think you should stuff a sock in it too.

While you are at shutting up you could also have a nice big tall cool glass of shut the hell up.

When you finish drinking that, by all means make a like a clam and get the puck out of here, go jump in a kite, drop your drawers, slap my arse and call me "Sally" and then SHUT UP.

On the other hand you could always just close your mouth, keep mum, put a cork in it, and ixnay on the alkingtay.

Better yet, Old Foul Joe zip it, pipe down, shut your festering gob and if you find the time, Shut Up. A Lot.

Where is the damn whiskey? I expressly demanded that there be good whiskey when the other Olde Ones concocted this scheme. That's the only reason I went along with it. So, Joe, while you are in the process of shutting the hell up, and since we no longer really need a Justicar now that we have a properly installed albeit illegal and unjust monarchy, why don't you look sharp and get me a bottle or two, a couple of glasses and one or two of those Stenographers you keep in the back. There's a good ex-justicar lad... run along as fast as your stubby little legs can carry you...and NO TALKING.

*Author's note: YES YES YES I KNOW that this is a written medium, and Joe isn't actually talking but there are far fewer phrases telling someone to stop writing than there are to stop talking. So. There you have it. I still think our ex-justicar should stop typing, but I will probably continue to express this fervent belief and desire in terms of spoken rather than written words.

OK So where's the whiskey you worthless sack of ex-offical and current-offal?

Peng

A tall, darkened figure leans back against the rough stone wall and peers out the window. The crowd below seems to be gathering around an ancient, short, balding figure wearing a war surplus helmet and shouting phrases laced with spittle at the crowd.

The figure grunts, turns, and summons a page.

Page: 'Yes, m'lud?'

Inquisitor General: 'Make sure you bring up more peat and coal for the fire. Stoke it up nice and hot -- we're going to be busy for the next several days.'

Page (nervously): 'So we stand with HRH Meeks, then, m'lud?'

Inquisitor General: 'Did I say that? Laddie, we work for whoever WINS. Whichever side prevails in this matter -- well, they will have a need for our, err, services. Now run along and make sure you get it finished -- or you will answer to me!'

Page (gulping): 'At once, m'lud!'

The Page runs off into the gloomy hallway. The Tall figure once more peers out the window at the gibbering crowd.

'This will be . . . enjoyable.'

to be continued . . .

Gaylord Focker twitted:

Happy Birthday Vadr , your present is that i'll stop destroying your forces today by not taking my turn till the morrow.
I have T-34s, you Twit, and None shall stand against me (sorta like the losers currently bugging the Justicar).

Keep charging, I wish to slay you the more.

Note: You (and the rest of ya') will likely not hear from me Monday and Tuesday next. Please offer the requisite sacrifices beforehand, or patiently await thy doom as a result of thine actions.