or lack there of... ive noticed that there used to be atleast one mod released every other day before... but now its somehow trickled down to one per week (if yer luckey!) and i just wondered why?

Is it because most of the modders are in school/university and has alot of finals now? or is it because of CMAK???

oh well... ill be releasing my soundmods this weekend... ill chop the big one (ambiance) into smaller pieces and upload it myself since my buddy with broadband is lazier than a tree-sloth...

My guess is the process of 'dustifying' & 'winterating' everything is probably done a couple of times over now so unless it's doing scratch-built, which takes a lot more time, it's refining the above processes or having some particular Markings or whatnot you feel would be good. In CM terms, it's not a shortage of ammo, it's fewer obvious targets. Well aimed shots rather than area fire. After a frontal assault there's the, ahh, I'll stop now.

strt

Hey, Zimorodak, there has been some posting about a Spanish Civil War theater mod for CMBB.

If interested in some projects how about casting an eye on this? Not that many vehicles to do but could still be interesting.

Now if only I can find someone willing to do the uniforms and then the Spanish speech files.

MikeT

I can't speak for other modders but i know that i will start a mod and then sometime lose interest part way through it.So i will start something else and then forget about the one i was doing .

The panzerjager is a case in point.I was going to do both versions of this mod but i sort of got sidetracked.So i have had the yellow one done for about 2 weeks.So i thought i should release this one in case i didn't get round to doing the other one.

Sorry for only being human :D

Gautrek

Thanks for some great mods. The only mod file I had a problem with in CMMOS was your dirty Russian truck. I downloaded it and added it but when I open the Svinarnik rule set the picture has the red circle with the slash through it so I couldn't apply it. All other mods in that set were fine. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Elmo

[ May 09, 2003, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Elmo ]

Its something to do with a typo in one of the files i think.

Its nothing to do with me as i don't CMMOS my mods as i can't get my head round it.

Do a search with dusty truck or my name in the subject heading and you should find a few threads to this problem.

I think if you download the latest version from the CMHQ then its been fixed.

Originally posted by MikeT:

Hey, Zimorodak, there has been some posting about a Spanish Civil War theater mod for CMBB.

If interested in some projects how about casting an eye on this? Not that many vehicles to do but could still be interesting.

Now if only I can find someone willing to do the uniforms and then the Spanish speech files.

MikeT

No hablo Espanol!

anyway, if you've got pictures/color schemes I'd be glad to take a stab. No promises that I can actually get something to look right, but I'd be glad to try.

Zimorodok kngfishr@yahoo.com

Originally posted by gautrek:

Its something to do with a typo in one of the files i think.

Its nothing to do with me as i don't CMMOS my mods as i can't get my head round it.

Do a search with dusty truck or my name in the subject heading and you should find a few threads to this problem.

I think if you download the latest version from the CMHQ then its been fixed.

Thanks. Just downloaded it last weekend so it's not fixed as of then.

Edit - Found Bruno's fix from January so I'll just do it myself. Proves there is really nothing new under the CM sun.

[ May 09, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Elmo ]

Sometimes modders just want to stop and play the game occassionally!

Actually, I'm between mods and working on other projects for awhile. But somewhere in the back of my head I've got a hankerin' to put a correct turret hatch on the KV-1S, and maybe (if I feel really really ambitious), try to do something about the IS-2.

Gautrek is right.Many times,I have started mods with enthusiasm only to quit halfway due to loss of interest. I always try to improve my work from mod to mod and every time I start a new mod I try my best to make it look better than the previous one.

When this doesn't happen, I have no real

desire to finish my work, because I feel I have nothing new to offer.

However, sometimes, an interesting photo of a camoed tank is enough to make me change my mind and easily overcome this syndrom ;)

I paint model soldiers and AFV's for a hobby and come up with various camo schemes and stuff and I would love to be able to mod for this game. My standard of actual painting is reasonable and the imagination is there but I lack the computer skills to do it. I really envy you guys and admire your skill and talent. Keep up the fantastic work and if someone was to do a black/white/grey camo scheme on a King tiger for me I would appreciate it as that is what I paint my models along with desert camo and city-fight schemes. The tri-colour King Tiger would be my mod of choice if i had the skill to do it, as I don't I humbly request one of the modding community to make me black/white/grey tri colour KT. I realise that your all busy folk but requests sometimes spark inspiration. Thanks in advance. Meach.

Originally posted by Meach:

I paint model soldiers and AFV's for a hobby and come up with various camo schemes and stuff and I would love to be able to mod for this game. My standard of actual painting is reasonable and the imagination is there but I lack the computer skills to do it. I really envy you guys and admire your skill and talent. Keep up the fantastic work and if someone was to do a black/white/grey camo scheme on a King tiger for me I would appreciate it as that is what I paint my models along with desert camo and city-fight schemes. The tri-colour King Tiger would be my mod of choice if i had the skill to do it, as I don't I humbly request one of the modding community to make me black/white/grey tri colour KT. I realise that your all busy folk but requests sometimes spark inspiration. Thanks in advance. Meach.

oooh oooh! I'd love to paint up a black and white KT. Please send me some pictures: kngfishr@yahoo.com

I actually have a black-white-grey camoed KT plastic model (that sits on the monitor and 'defends me') i bought for $5 at Kay-bee toys. I thought the scheme was a lark...

I'll photo it later and put it up.

Zimorodok

Thanks ever so much, Zimorodok. I really appreciate the time and effort your putting in and that KT looks so cool, I can see some of my tank kits getting that scheme in the near future. Did you like the camo scheme I painted or does it suck? Be honest now ;)

How did u attach a photo to your post, I could just have done that but my technical know-how is lacking, sorry.

Edited to ask yet another question.

[ May 12, 2003, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Meach ]

Meach:

Here is a B&W copy of my Blue-Red-Yellow King Tiger (same stripe pattern, different colors) This is not based on your photos, although I will probably take a stab at them too.

Keep in mind, the pictures show a rusty/dusty/muddy tank, that's why it's not monochromatic.

as a regular camo:

bw_kt.jpg

as a winter camo:

bw_kt_winter.jpg

let me know what you think and whether or not this would be good enough for your purposes.

Zimorodok

Well, see to be honest it does stick out but the winter mod is perfect, I appreciate all you have done so far and would not like to trouble you any further but if you would like to post it i would definatly download it, like I say, thanks for the effort so far. Remember i paint science fiction tanks and I am used to bizarre colour schemes cos our games are set on distant planets with all sorts of terrain not found on terra so my imagination runs wild, you will see that with the green and crimson tank in the photos.