New Soviet M17 MOD.

A very nice and much-needed mod, but for all you armor grogs out there the CM texture depicts the plain-Jane M15, not the M17. Trust me, I spent a loooong month drawing a set of scale plans for the M17 a couple years ago.

I've GOT to put that thing on my from-scratch mod list.

Not to criticize the mod at all. It's a great mod of CM's art.

M17 was based on a halftrack out of a different company than the standard vehicle used by U.S. forces. International Harvester, if memory serves. The difference is thicker (but softer) armor, welded, not bolted, round corners instead of square at the rear, a few detail differences Looked the same from a distance though and a lot of the halftracks currently visiting historic vehicle shows are ex-French International Harvester vehicles.

Basically, armor grog details

[ January 17, 2003, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Great-looking mod! I wonder if it's possible though, to show caked-up mud on the undersides of the fenders, especially on the edges of the mud guards? When I drive through the interminable construction zones in my hometown, I see bulldozers with huge gobs of mud all across the undersides of the mud guards. Can this effect be replicated?

Originally posted by Neuer Art:

Great-looking mod! I wonder if it's possible though, to show caked-up mud on the undersides of the fenders, especially on the edges of the mud guards? When I drive through the interminable construction zones in my hometown, I see bulldozers with huge gobs of mud all across the undersides of the mud guards. Can this effect be replicated?

Hint, at next opportunity stop and take photos.

It's a nice way to make a contribution.

Good idea, BTW.