Analysis of Axis/Allies victory ratios.

These figures have been taken from all QB results submited to the Blitz ladder.

Results may surprise those that pressume an Axis favourable imbalance in CMBB.

All figures taken from:

http://www.theblitz.org/scenarios/show_scenarios.php?game=64

CMBB: QB 1000 Points.

Total Played: 18

Victories:

Axis 5

Allied 11

Draws 2

Axis win % = %31.25

Allies win % = %61.1

CMBB: QB 1250 Points.

Total Played: 22

Victories:

Axis 6

Allied 11

Draws 5

Axis win % = %27.27

Allies win % =%50

CMBB: QB 1500 Points.

Total Played: 44

Victories:

Axis 22

Allied 18

Draws 4

Axis win % = %50

Allies win % =%40.9

CMBB: QB 2000 Points

Total Played: 32

Victories:

Axis 11

Allied 15

Draws 6

Axis win % = %34.37

Allies win % =%46.8

CMBB: QB 3000 Points

Played: 17

Victories:

Axis 6

Allied 8

Draws 3

Axis win % = %35.29

Allies win % =%47.05

Shows definite allies bias in victories recorded.

[ January 10, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Cpt Kernow ]

Interesting, certainly. I notice that essentially all of the difference occurs in the 1000 and 1250 pt size QBs. The larger ones are effectively even, while the smaller ones have the Allies winning more than half, vs. one quarter German wins (the rest draws).

I don't see any date listed for those - and don't quite understand some of the other date entries (1-01-00?) Tougher armor in small early combined arms fights would be my first guess at explaining the difference.

Originally posted by JasonC:

I don't see any date listed for those - and don't quite understand some of the other date entries (1-01-00?) Tougher armor in small early combined arms fights would be my first guess at explaining the difference.

The date in the scenario listing usually says when the scenario is taking place. That´s only interesting for historical or fictional scenarios, not for QBs. When adding a QB to the data base, date is usually set to 01-01-00, being the first date available.

The dates of actual QBs played are not reported. But you are right, that information would certainly be quite important for a statistic like this.

It might be even more revealing to find the percentage of battles won by the attacking side. Perhaps the numbers will show whether the vaunted Defender's Advantage in CMBB is a fact or a myth. One gets the impression that the more aggressive players choose the Germans when possible, so maybe.

Unfortunately, coming from a ladder site, the bulk of the matches are probably Meeting Engagements. The Rugged Defense is currently holding a tournament featuring mirrored, attack/defend scenarios. It will be interesting to get the stats from that event.