140+ Beautiful Maps just for You

Gentlemen,

If you are getting a wee bit tired of QB generated maps, you might like to play on a designed map for a change ;)

A spin-off from Biltong’s Campaign Rules is 5 map packs with over 140 maps as well as a list of the maps with all the info you need to select the type of map you want: Battle Type (Assault etc.); Year; Size; Width; Height; Map Type (village etc.); Trees; Hills and Suggested Game Length.

The main benefit of these maps:

1) Each map was designed spesifically for only one Battle Type, E.g.: Axis Probe or Allied Assault etc.

2) The Set-up Zones have great variety, and will bring more surprises for both sides than a QB can ever hope to do.

3) Flag positions are realistic, not just a random ‘flutter’ of flags :rolleyes:

4) The maps are quite beautiful – realistic towns with all the eye-candy: fences; orchards; realistic streets; farms; names etc. etc.

5) Variety of maps: from an open cast mine in a mountain to cities to river crossings to state farms….

The ‘how’ is quite easy – download the latest Map List. When you need a map – check on the list which one you want and import the map. Simple as that. Full instructions come with the list.

Download the Excel Map List here:

SuperSulo's Site

or PDF Map List here:

Scooby's Site

Enjoy

BTW – BCR’s 5th Goal is: “Enable anyone to Expand or Modify BCR to his own taste.” , so you can do with the maps whatever you want… ;)

[ February 22, 2003, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Biltong ]

Originally posted by vedder:

Are there any small maps in these packs? You know, the nice little teeny ones perfect for a 20 turn and 800 point game before bed? Thanks.

Last count - about 30 of them. Download the Map List - it's already sorted by size - Check the Map Size collumn - choose one that turns you on and enjoy yourself ;)

Biltong

Thanks for these Biltong. A premade map and purchased forces are my favourite way to play, and these are beauties.

Can I make a guess at your Small, Medium & Large definitions. Would you say that small maps are suitable for 800 or less points, medium 1500 or less and large anything over 1500? I only ask because otherwise I need to preview the map and setup zones before playing to make sure that there is room to deploy. I don't want to do this as it spoils the suprises.

I hope that these inspire more premade maps. Perhaps they are out there but I haven't seen many at all so far, but these are definitely the best IMO smile.gif

[ February 11, 2003, 05:29 AM: Message edited by: Rex_Bellator ]

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Thanks for these Biltong. A premade map and purchased forces are my favourite way to play, and these are beauties.

Can I make a guess at your Small, Medium & Large definitions. Would you say that small maps are suitable for 800 or less points, medium 1500 or less and large anything over 1500? I only ask because otherwise I need to preview the map and setup zones before playing to make sure that there is room to deploy. I don't want to do this as it spoils the suprises.

I hope that these inspire more premade maps. Perhaps they are out there but I haven't seen many at all so far, but these are definitely the best IMO smile.gif

Spot On Rex!!

Yep - I must agree, Manstein puts a lot of effort into it and what really impresses me is that he goes back and revues them and improves them as his abilities improves. This I've hardly ever seen. He's a true fanatic!! :D

Once you played some of them I would love it if you give us some feedback - espp things that you would like to see improved. Potential problem areas are setup zones and flag positions.

BTW - Most of these maps have a slight slant towards the Allied side since in BCR the human player playes against the Allied AI... We cheat a bit in favor of the AI. If you're playing against the AI - choose the German side. The slant is slight though, so if you do play the Allied side it won't matter too much ;)

i play mostly the Ruskies and uhm are these all QB against the AI. i have yet to play against a human opponent cuz im quite happy getting my ass handed to me by the comp :D

EDIT: im a bit confused at what to d/l, which one is the map list?

[ February 12, 2003, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: MrNoobie ]

I have to post here to express my thanks and agree!

Started a new campaign last night using pregenerated maps for the first time - still in first battle, so the only map I have seen is Crossroads (designed by Manstein)

The map is perfect - excellent quality in every way - making this game the most fun I have had aganst the AI in months.

Biltongs Campaign Rules are also fantastic and essential - many thanks to everybody who has been involved in making these.

BCR are to be strongly recommended to anybody who has not yet tried them (I only wish there was some way to program them into a future version of CMBB)

The rules can be daunting and confusing at first -the key message is to be flexible and change anything you like in their implementation.

(for example, I hate starting battles with casualties, so I ignore these for both sides routinely)

[ February 13, 2003, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: sandy ]

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

thnx Apache but which one is the map list?

BCR - Map Expansion List v2.0 - when you open it up it opens on the Instruction page, but check the tabs at the bottom for "Map List" - click on it and Voila ;)

See 1st post of this thread for DL sites.

[ February 13, 2003, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Biltong ]

Mr Noobie - It should be on the BCR DL page. It is entitled Map add on IIRC. If not it MAY be bundled with the BCR rules. I have mailed you the list just in case. There are 5 map packs BTW.

Me and Biltong responding at same time - hence message clash. How's that for service smile.gif

[ February 13, 2003, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Apache ]

Sandy, Laxx, Rob...

Thanx for your feedback guys- Manstein will be most pleased tongue.gif

I wonder if he know's this post exist - better mail him.

A new guy: Peter Molloy has just joined the BCR Map team and is working on a hundred plus? maps to be used for a 5 day battle - Kiev 41. Hundred+ because we cater for:

5 Days x 4 sizes (Small/Med/Larg/Huge) and 6 Battle Types (except ME which is not relevant).

I've seen the 'Huge' versions already and they're real beauts as well - These will be battles to be remembered.

Biltong

Originally posted by Sarge Saunders:

Hey Biltong! Thanks for the maps. I've downloaded them. Lately I like to find a nice map and link consecutive QBs together with the QB map/unit import feature.

Not quite as intense as your campaign but fun nevertheless! :D

-Sarge

Thanx must go to Manstein and the other designers - I've only got one map out there... I'm just passing them along ;)

I am interested in making maps for BCR. In fact I have posted my first ones at www.cmmods.com

I am hoping to fill a (perceived?) void in small early summer '41 steppe maps from the excellent maps available from the BCR sites.

When I visualize the initial stages of the eastern campaign, I imagine this vast area of sparsely settled Russian steppe, flat seeming, but not so flat from ground level. Anyway, criticism is always welcome.

Originally posted by Zigwied:

I am interested in making maps for BCR. In fact I have posted my first ones at www.cmmods.com

I am hoping to fill a (perceived?) void in small early summer '41 steppe maps from the excellent maps available from the BCR sites.

When I visualize the initial stages of the eastern campaign, I imagine this vast area of sparsely settled Russian steppe, flat seeming, but not so flat from ground level. Anyway, criticism is always welcome.

Beauties! - mail on it's way smile.gif

Welcome :D

Originally posted by Apache:

Downloaded your maps Zigwied and they look superb. Excellent addition to the pack. We do need a lot more small maps IMO. Look forward to your others.

yes please, i like small maps are there any maps that has a small village in the middle and i can have it encircled? i know one of old dogs maps had such a scenario

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Apache:

Downloaded your maps Zigwied and they look superb. Excellent addition to the pack. We do need a lot more small maps IMO. Look forward to your others.

yes please, i like small maps are there any maps that has a small village in the middle and i can have it encircled? i know one of old dogs maps had such a scenario </font>