Kampfgruppe clan

::MISSION STATEMENT::

KG is a group of individuals that find themselves in a particular place and at a particular time associating with like-minded individuals. Our general interest has evolved from World War 2 history and war-gaming to online gaming in general. We hold onto our love of history and high-minded ideals of Honor, Integrity, Maturity and Attitude.

Our clan has it's roots in the Close Combat series of games going back 5 years ago and has gone on to support a few others including Combat Mission.

If you would like more information about our group and are interested in joining feel free to check out our site.

Kampfgruppe -a fusion wargaming clan

Thankyou

KG_Cloghaun

Vice Kommandir

Kampfgruppe

Originally posted by Thermopylae:

And why call it a clan? Thats just asking to drive away grog-folk. Especially since the vast majority are probably not into dressing themselves up w/ranks and such.

Exactly Thermopylae, that whole rank nonsense is just stupid. What kind of a man needs to puff himself up with made up ranks that mean nothing to anyone not "in the know."

Joe

As stated before, we have been around for just over 5 years. We started out as a group of guys who enjoy the same game and who have a knowledge and love of history, particularly the WW2 era. We enjoy discussing it, thoerizing and most of all, war-gaming it. Not necessarily shooter-type games but legitimate works that try to accurately portray some aspect of the most titanic struggle this world has seen.

Most of us started our "careers" out with the classics: Rise and Fall of the 3rd Reich (TReich), Squad Leader, ASL, Victory in the Pacific, Axis and Allies, even Stratego!

The point is not "ranks" or "being in the know" its about sharing with other like-minded people an enthusiasm that few, in one geographical area or another, understand let alone have the ability to get together and play to a conclusion one of those game. We simply offer an opportunity to game with/against people who are not punk-kid trash talkers or jerk-offs with no integrity.

We have about 35 members currently in various states of activity. Our members hail from (to name a few) SoCal, Pennsylvania, Florida, Sweden, Russia and the Netherlands. We currently have 2 members deployed in Iraq with the 4thID. One of them is with the 7th Cav.

Most of us are over 30, have families and just enjoy a good game and some decent conversation. We have our own Forums and a dedicated Teamspeak server where we gather to chat, exchange ideas and arrange games. Membership is not required to drop in on the Teamspeak server (I would be happy to PM any interested party the IP#) but is required to gain access to our forums.

Now for those who have a propensity to jump to conclusion about something which they have no knowledge it has become painfully obvious they certainly ARE those petulant oiks lacking the mental agility God gave a small soapdish that your posts so eloquently point you out to be.

For the rest of you who are not as mind-numbingly obtuse as our dear Soapdishes here and would like to know a bit more, please, click here.

Thank you and good day.

Rob

[ August 27, 2003, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: KG_AGCent ]

Yes I too restrained myself from leaping into print. Live and let live but I think the approach to this board might have been handled a little more thoughtfully given it's grog nature.

I have looked at the site .... and can advise that forthcoming supported games will be HalflIfe2 , Homeworld2, and some Doom number.

I admire the enthusiasm and effort to run a web site and club/clan. And I am now going to restrain myself from signing off as Lord Chief Field Marshall ..... oops

Of course people here do play CMMC2 ....

Originally posted by Impudent Warwick:

I thought Thermopylae and Joe Shaw were being real bastards until I re-read and noticed their siglines...

You think Shaw isn't a real bastard? Just look at my sig, and see what he made me do!

{Men wearing black trenchcoats walk up and start dragging SirReal off}

He's a bastard! Baaastaaard I say! Baaaaaaarrrggh...

/SirReal

Sod all for a lark, I vote, Shaw, that we bring over the entire membership of Clan Peng Challenge...

As PYRATES!

Haaarrrr!

Would this 'Kampfgruppe' welcome in a large number of complete oiks who are already organized into a large clan of complete oiks who would wish to behave as complete oiks?

We are, in fact, a group of like-minded individuals who are already organized into a secret society that originates from the Knights Templar.

We have, ever so secretly, of course, been the Illuminati who've been controlling all Combat Mission developments since sometime around 1178 AD.

Oh, and for you fussy buggers who would point out and laugh at the date just sited: Do you fools think the entire phenomenon of Computer War-Gaming simply evolved?

You poor innocents.

So, I wish for a definitive statement from this Kampfgruppe clan as to whether they are prepared to welcome in the Peng Challenge Clan.

We are a little different in our stated goals, and interests, and our behaviours, and in many ways we are just a little different.

But we all play CM, and we would very much enjoy joining the 'Kampfgruppe' as Pyrates!

Is there room in this Clan reality for all of us?