PBEM dumb question.....

ok....i get the guys file in the mail.....i put it into the pbem folder

i pick my troops and armor...then went into the game and it saved the file.....ok..i sent the guy this file....but i still never placed any of my guys....when do i do that?....now..then send a new file?....or after he sends me a file again?

Thanks in advance

once the other side picks their troops etc and sends you that turn back you'll have the next turn to set up troop placement - then you'll send that turn to the opponent who will do the same - at which point it's time for the 1st turn, etc etc

btw, to keep things straight, and i'm sure others here do a variety of things to organize pbem's, but i and my opponent number each move in increasing order and save all of them till the battle ends (and give the pbem's for a given engagement a unique name)

that way i'm never lost as to where things are at in the battle and neither is my opponent

Originally posted by easytarget:

once the other side picks their troops etc and sends you that turn back you'll have the next turn to set up troop placement - then you'll send that turn to the opponent who will do the same - at which point it's time for the 1st turn, etc etc

btw, to keep things straight, and i'm sure others here do a variety of things to organize pbem's, but i and my opponent number each move in increasing order and save all of them till the battle ends (and give the pbem's for a given engagement a unique name)

that way i'm never lost as to where things are at in the battle and neither is my opponent

When you are purchasing troops, it takes a couple email exchanges to get the game going.

EmailA1: You buy troops

EmailB1: Your opponent buys troops

EmailA2: You place your units on the map

EmailB2: Your opponent places his units

EmailA3: Your first move

EmailB3: His first move

EmailA4: You watch the first movie

EmailB4: He watches the movie and makes his second move.....

And so on.....

Perhaps you can play a quick PBEM game with yourself to figure out the mechanics if this is still confusing....

Dr. Rosenrosen

Originally posted by Capt_War:

ok....i get the guys file in the mail.....i put it into the pbem folder

i pick my troops and armor...then went into the game and it saved the file.....ok..i sent the guy this file....but i still never placed any of my guys....when do i do that?....now..then send a new file?....or after he sends me a file again?

Thanks in advance

THANKS GUYS..YOUR A BIG HELP..AGAIN THANKS

Originally posted by Elvis:

Don't listen to the hacks that tell you to number turn files. It is a waste of time and only clutters your PBEM folder. I have NEVER had a corrupted file and I have been playing nonstop PBEMs since the beta demo of CM:BO.

Elvis doesn't number files because he can't count higher than ten without dropping his pants or taking off his shoes. Numbering turn files is good.

Steve

Originally posted by Elvis:

Don't listen to the hacks that tell you to number turn files. It is a waste of time and only clutters your PBEM folder. I have NEVER had a corrupted file and I have been playing nonstop PBEMs since the beta demo of CM:BO.

Lol, if someone I played didn't number his files I would get pissed.

If you fight several PBEM's it's common sense to give each turn a higher number. And the clutter talk, what's that about? I can understand that if your filenames are PBEM.txt or something equally stupid instead of hc-elvis_mapname-1.txt for example it'll look cluttered. I want to save my fights so of-course I number them.

Just use common sense.

[ January 14, 2003, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: hardcampa ]

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elvis:

Elvis doesn't number files because he can't count higher than ten without dropping his pants or taking off his shoes. Numbering turn files is good.

Steve</font>