Panther D mod (PIC included)

Ok, I was in the middle of a heated battle the other night and just as things are getting tight, my reinforcements arrive on the scene. Cresting the hill, in the nick of time, comes a factory fresh Panther D, still with that new car smell! Well, the enemy just laughs at this obvious rookie in their midst and my troops panic as they see help in the form of a never seen action tank.

This wouldn't do, so a few hours in Photoshop later and we have this:

CAMO_PANTHER_D.JPG

Guaranteed to make the greenest crew look fierce!

Pick it up at a CMMODS near you!

Later,

Carl

Hussars, if you are talking about a CMMOS mod I have already done it and if interested will send it to you.

The work is beautiful. I had considered adding more options to the mod such as divisional symbols and maybe kill rings. Might just do that after all.

MikeT

Great mod Blanar !

This is the first non-CMMOS mod I have installed. And this is an decisive argument for me. You can trust me when i say your picture impressed me ! It also makes me lucky, as soon as I have installed your mod, my regular Panther D destroyed a SU85 at 700 meters with its first shot... My PBEM opponent is not so pleased tongue.gif

What about this ? So nice !

kingtiger_lievonen1.jpg

Best regards to all.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it. I love this game, I get to have all the fun painting models like I used to many years ago, but then I get to actually blow them up over and over again. And, even better, they actually get to blow up other things as well! Most of the mods I've done so far are determined by the models I built back in high school.

I'm not sure what's next but it may take some time as the snow around here is finally melting and the golf courses are opening. But, if you see it's raining on the weekends in New England, I'm sure something will appear.

If you haven't already, check out my PZ III J, it was done with a similar technique. MikeT asked to put it out for CMMOS and plans to throw in some add-ons as well. I know I'm looking forward to it.

PZIIIJ_CAMO.JPG

It's over at CMMODS , of course.

Later,

Carl

Hi,

Congratulations, a beautifully weathered Mod. Has the same “look” as high quality 1/35 AFV model. Great stuff.

However, there is a reason why I avoid using Mods, other than the mass produced ones dealing with Winter White AFVs. The reason is that I feel it is important that all the graphics in a given game, fit together. Have a similar look.

All the AFVs in CMBB done to the same “look” would be great. But that is too much work for any one.

All the best,

Kip.

PS. A group of German and Soviet AFVs from the same period in the war, would be great. Even if only quite a small number. So one could use them in the same game. Still asking a lot I know. ;)

Kip,

I definitely agree that these stand out and can often times look out of place. One of the other problems is that you reach a stage where the dirt, grime, and paint chips are as distinctive as numbers, unit markers, or slogans. If you have five of a single vehicle, it looks like five little clones running about the battle field.

But, this can also lead to stunning drama on the battle field. You read the description of the battle you want to fight and then head off to CMMOS or just unzip your favorite mod. Now when that single Tiger, T-34, or Panther arrives as your lone reinforcement in turn 12, it stands out in comparison to everything else around it. It seems all the more exciting as it leads the charge to turn the tide, but also, all the more disappointing when you rush it too far forward and lose it to a hidden shrek.

Think of Gandalf leading the Riders of Rohan at the end of The Two Towers. Would I really want to say, "Nah, he stood out to much, he should have just been wearing that drab armor like everyone else." smile.gif

Of course, this is all coming from someone who has downloaded gigabytes of mods and probably spends more time in CMMOS choosing what the combatants will look like than I do in the setup before a battle.

Later,

Carl